Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Trigger... What Difference does it make?

echase1

Hey Guys... Very new to the Stock II. This forum has been a wealth of reading regarding the topics of what to do in order to have a decent trigger on the gun. What i have narrowed down is that roughly the following parts need to be polished or replaced to increase the performance of the trigger (and perhaps there are others I have missed):

• Hammer Spring
  • Hammer
  • Plunger Spring
  • Sear
  • Plunger
  • Trigger Bow
  • Firing Pin Block
  • Firing Pin Block Spring

So here is the question.... Has anyone ever done a trigger on a Sock II in a systematic way that could roughly state what mod led to what outcome? Example: Moving to a 13lb Hammer Spring (in isolation) improved my trigger weight from X to Y?

Just curious as it would seem to be helpful to have the experts here chime in on the "Cause and Effect". I know this may be too much detail for some and it is surely more work that a simple group of parts to swap out. I am just a curious "WHY" type person.

Thanks!!

The SA shot breaks at the sear and hammer while the DA shot breaks on the trigger bar and disconnector; a light hammer spring has the biggest effect on the DA pull and short, polished hammer hooks have the biggest effect on the SA pull.

One spring you left off your list is the reduced power trigger return spring for CZ from Cajun Gun Works, it reduces both DA and SA by a half pound.

Stician,

I did see your article and thought that it was great work. What I was hoping someone might have was some data that would have quantifiable numbers to the individual upgrades that can be done on this platform. So, using the search results, I have found a number of well documented articles that state "I now have Part A, Part B, Part C, etc." and have polished "Area 1, Area 2, Area 3, etc" and now my trigger pull weights are X DA and Y SA.

What I would find super interesting would be if there was a source of data that looked at each of these options in a singular instance.

Something that would look like

Stock Weight 11lb DA 5 lb SA

Step 1: Polished Plunger

Trigger Weight is Now 10.2 lb DA and 4.8 SA

Step 2: Polished Trigger Bar

Trigger Weight is Now 10.0 lb DA and 4.6 SA

etc, etc.

I think that this would lead to some really interesting results of not only how to attain the results that you Tanfo-Masters have, but could also inform us with where the greatest benefit could come by investing in parts or springs.

While I will most likely attempt to do this on the new Tanfos I have coming, most likely my data will be skewed from learning how to do some of these upgrades while I am measuring the differences. In other words, having someone who actually knows what they are doing will most likely lead to the most accurate data.

Edited by echase1

The SA shot breaks at the sear and hammer while the DA shot breaks on the trigger bar and disconnector; a light hammer spring has the biggest effect on the DA pull and short, polished hammer hooks have the biggest effect on the SA pull.

One spring you left off your list is the reduced power trigger return spring for CZ from Cajun Gun Works, it reduces both DA and SA by a half pound.

It's funny. It's the one mod I haven't liked at all. Went back to the stock trigger return springs. The trigger return just felt too sluggish/mushy when I used the CGW TRS. I felt like I was waiting for the trigger to reset so I could fire my next shot. Obviously, just a personal thing. And I really liked that spring with my CZs.