Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roll Sizing

tpcdvc

ryan45kim,

I have heard of shooters using the 650 setup as below with good results:

Station 1 - Dillon sizing and de-priming

Station 2 - EGW sizing

Station 3 - Powder station (gotta rig/bend the powder return rod thingy)

Station 4 - Seating

Station 5 - Lee Factory Crimp Die

If you try that, let us know how it works. It might get results as good...and save a pile of time?

Mine is almost exactly the same as Flex's saving that station 5 I use the Dillon taper crimp die. I also use a 9mm flaring thing-ma-jig (can't remember the real name of it) in my powder measure so as not to get that "stuck case syndrome" when using the 40 caliber flaring thingy. Another little trick that I've been using for about 2 years. It also saves time when changing calibers since sometimes I load and shoot 9mm and 38 super.

I also almost never have any issues with jamming glock brass. Usually any jams can be attributed to a dirty gun (we're talking 2000+ rounds here).

Vince

Kevin, I didn’t have problems with the cases going into the shell plate, the problem was that the cases were so wide that they don’t go into the die. I had to wiggle them to get them started into the die.

Flex, that setup sounds like it would work but then I could not use my powder check station, if only my 650 had 6 stations (I guess I always want a little more).

Ps Flex you guys put on a great match in Ohio thanks.