Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TRUGLO TRITIUM/FIBER OPTIC BRITE-SITE

stingerjg

TRITIUM/FIBER OPTIC BRITE-SITE

A reply on an email i recieved.

They work great on my glock. The majority of the time i use it as a home defense weapon, so the night sights come in handy. Personally, i think the sights are brighter at night then they are in bright sunlight. I have used them in a couple of competitions and they work well for fast shooting. They are easy to pick up in all light conditions. For long range accuracy work(plate rack at 25yards) i had some difficulty gettting hits on steel. For paper targets they are fine. I recomend these sights to anyone looking for Night sights that also work great for action shooting.

DVC

264374.JPG

264377.JPG

I have a set of these on my Vanek/G22. Ended up painted over the back sight, as the fiber/tritium was bright enough to be annoying. Love the front sight, wish it were a bit more narrow.

Alex

• 10 months later...

I just installed a set of truglo TFO site on my GLOCK 34. I am a little concerned about the length of the front site reducing the site distance and the overall accuracy. I took the gun to the paper range and was pretty happy at 7 yards but at 15 yards the pattern seemed pretty well dispersed.

Any opinion on the significant length of this front site and overall accuracy.

I'd like to use this gun for IPSC and steel matches, but am pretty concerned about the longer distances.

Edited by Big Al

Big Al, Welcome to BE from another newbie. The extra 1/2" or so of sight radius lost with these isn't going to hurt anything as far as being able to shoot the gun well. It won't affect the accuracy potential of the gun either.

Tis the indian, not the arrow.

If you want to cheat a little (like I do) get a narrow target front sight and a target type rear sight. A much cleaner and crisper sight picture, much more precision oriented than the barge width of most night sights. I have a new set of the Ameriglo target sights on a G17 I just bought, not sure if I will give them good marks or not yet. Fantastic sight picture, but time will tell if they hold up.

I keep another Glock with barge wide night sights on it, that way I don't need to compromise between a competition sight picture and an emergency in the dark sight picture. I have both guns optimized for what I intend to use them for.

• 4 weeks later...

While the topic is up, how are they for a full time duty gun? I am considering replacing my Trijicon with the Truglo. I was wondering how the Truglo would hold up to all the work.....

Are they sturdy enough for day in, day out carry?

Mike

I have a set of TFO sights on my 4" XD-9 Service which I use for USPSA Production as well as HD. They are great sights for both purposes.

However, I do have a few concerns. One, they shoot about 2" high at 15 yards. I tried to get a taller front sight but none was available. I just have to adjust for this if shooting steel plates or for head shots. The second is the longevity of the fiber optic/tritium tubes. I haven't heard any experience in this area and don't even know if you can order replacement tubes or how much they would cost. Finally, the front sight is a bit wider than I prefer. All these issues aside, I really like these sights.

I used a set of these for the IDPA S&W Winter Championship on my Glock 17 this year. Since I started shooting this match, I always struggled to see my Trijicon sights in low-light (which is big part of this indoor match). This year, I could actually see my sights. Unfortunately, I didn't exactly line them up every time, but they were much more visible! I'll be keeping a set of these for whatever gun I use for the 2007 S&W match. Definitely worth the $$!

My $.02

Phil