Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Talk me out of or into a CZ-75 SA

JesseM

So I have a CZ-75BD that I like but I don't shoot in matches much because I have smaller hands and as such I have grown acostomed to reversing the mag releas on my plastic guns and using my trigger finger to drop a mag and with my BD this is not an option.

So I have been giving some thought to selling the BD and getting a different CZ to use in matches. I know the accu-shadows are like the bees knees and shit but A) That's a lot of money and B) I'm not really that good.

So I've been looking at the matt stainless model, the SP-01s and the SA and at the moment I am leaning quite heavily towards the SA. It has that sexy flat trigger, the larger safety, a slight heavier slide, reversable mag release and it's really not all that much more money relative to a standard 75B.

Getting the SA means I can't easily shoot production or SSP but that's fine I have lots of other guns for those divisions.

So talk me out of it, or convince me it's a good idea. How does the triggers on the SAs stack up with the standards 75s?

If you have a bunch of guns and just want to add something cool to the stable, the 75SA fits the bill. It sounds like you already know it's not optimal for USPSA (you'd be shooting Limited minor with a 9mm or L10 Major with a .40), so I'd say go for it! It's a great value and with some springs and a race hammer you can have a sweet 2# trigger. You can also turn it into an Open gun like I did!

IMG_20150526_241856756_zpshfsw4gv8.jpg

Yeah I realized I would be shooting Limited Minor but I gave up on winning anything at matches and just try to have fun. It would be fantastic for IDPA ESP thoughl

I'm assuming my holsters for my CZ-75BD won't fit the 75 SA?

Also how the hell is your slide staying on that gun?

I absolutely love my 75 Shadow SA. It is the perfect ESP gamer gun, IMO.

75 BD holsters won't fit an SA due to the different slide profile. However, if they are kydex, it should be close enough that a little heat will re-form it enough to fit the SA. I was able to re-form my 75B holster to the SA in about 10 minutes.

Edited by TennJeep1618

With a SAO a light hammer spring only makes the break mushy, I suggest the stock hammer spring with the RP TRS from CGW.

I've done a 2# trigger with the stock spring.

I agree about the mushy part. My trigger is 2.5lbs (no polishing yet) and it definitely feels spongy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have a 75 SA Shadow (9mm) I shoot in IDPA ESP... Great gun!!! I have tried all the upgrades (CGW sear... Springs...trigger... Etc ) and created a chain reaction of events ( example the safety lever is modified to match sear etc...) if I were to do it again ... The only upgrades I would do ... 2 screw trigger (pre/over travel), change recoil spring to match ammo, grips and mag well. What you will have is a great shooting... very accurate ... Very competitive... Very sweet gun with a clean crisp trigger (2.5# appx)