Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 45 degree offset mount

crossgun

Looking for recommendations on a 45 degree offset mount. Buy once cry once kind of guy. Running a 12:00 pic rail on the handguard so that should not be an issue. My plan I believe is to run an Aimpoint Micro. I do see a lot of guys here and there running the prism type red dots like the Burris and Delta Point. Am I possibly missing something? Anything wrong in theory with the Micro?

Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Just stumbled on the Warne stuff. Seems like the gear of the guys who rock 3 gun. Anyone running the integrated Warne RAMP mount? Any issues with location and or use with switchview levers?

Are you guys finding the Fast Fire style of RDS to be faster and easier than a Aimpoint Micro?

I have a Cmore STS on a Daniel Defense 1 o'clock offset mounted behind my scope on the receiver. I found the field of view thru the lens is better with the optic closer to my eye, making finding the dot quicker. The Aimpoint is a good RDS, just a little expensive for a secondary sight, & heavier than a Fastfire style sight. The two mini sights held in highest regard are the Deltapoint & the Trijicon RMR. Forgive me if you know this already, but 2 optics puts you in open.

The RAMP looked good, but didn't give me enough forward eye relief, & my STS crowded my scope when mounted on the offsets.

Look at the Burkett offset mount. Made by a 3gunner for 3gunners. And available for all the common RDS.

Edited by OPENB