Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG Romeo 1 MRDS

alma

Should Carry Optics guns go here or in the Factory guns forum?

Either way here is a look at the new SIG Romeo 1 MRDS mounted on a P320. Bruce Gray should be at Nationals this week with this gun if anyone wants to take a look at the gun and the scope.

EwZSqEI.jpg

UFZJ3GY.jpg

Edited by alma

Who actually makes that optic?

It's not rebranded, SIG makes it in its new electro-optics division. Lots of top talent came over from Leopold so they know what they are doing and are dead set on putting out a quality product.

It's not rebranded, SIG makes it in its new electro-optics division. Lots of top talent came over from Leopold so they know what they are doing and are dead set on putting out a quality product.

Yah, right.

First off, WTF is "electro-optics"? It's a buzz word to disguise a lineup filled with cheap Chinese garbage. 3x scopes for under $200 and cheesy red dots all over the price range? And $2000+ optics on the other side of the spectrum with the same brand labels???

Sig didn't grow a Chinese factory and Nightforce-class glass in its backyard, it's coming from somewhere, and I doubt very much that it's a wholly Sig-owned enterprise.

It's not rebranded, SIG makes it in its new electro-optics division.

Not manufactured in China and certainly not questionable quality.

Manufactured in Japan which is the same thing that is stamped on my Vortex HD Gen II. Give them a chance to come to market before making your judgement.

http://www.sigaddict.com/8-news/613-updated-msrp-revealed-for-the-sig-electro-optics-tango-6

Ok, let's be clear on what's been stated; you've claimed the entire Sig Electro-Optical line is made in Japan, not in China, by Sig and not someone else for Sig.

Good example with the $1200+ Tango 6 scope, but I'm going to hold my breath to see the "Made in Japan" label on the $189 base models.