Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So you want to build a CZ Open gun?

kneelingatlas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, stefanhalvarsson said:

@Johansson81 jag håller på att bygga en S1 Open. Jag kör cone comp och rekylfjäderhus likt czechmate. Jag kapade manteln 14-15mm. Om du vill kan jag skicka dig ritningar på delarna och lite bilder på bygget?

Mvh Stefan Halvarsson 

Hej Stefan! Det vore ju kanonsnällt ifall du vill göra det, då har jag nåt att mäta och skissa emot. Jag skickar mailadress i PM.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:53 AM, Johansson81 said:

I have a Shadow 2 that I plan to build a backup Open gun out of, I could sell it and get me a cheaper S1 instead but I kind of like it plus I have lots of spares.

Anyway, I have been searching the forums for info about how to best fit a compensator to the std barrel but not been able to find much. The paperwork and money involved keeps me from buying a longer barrel so I need to figure out a way to use the original one.

Removing the bushing and make a cone comp seems like an option, is that possible with the short barrel? Will the slide wear out if run without a barrel bushing or is it ok as long as the comp cone has a smooth surface and transition?

Using a custom guide rod to lock the comp in place seems like a good way of doing it, perhaps in addition with a locking screw that tightens the comp to the treads.

I have never built a CZ open gun before so any help is greatly appreciated, I have a full machine shop so making a custom comp,  guide rod etc is no problem.

Best regards

/Anders Johansson - Sweden

I don't have a Shadow 2, but I image you could make an awesome Open gun with it!

Give me some time to write up my thoughts and I think you'll have a pretty complete roadmap.

5 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

I don't have a Shadow 2, but I image you could make an awesome Open gun with it!

Give me some time to write up my thoughts and I think you'll have a pretty complete roadmap.

That would be great, the off season here in Sweden is approaching so I´ll have until spring to get the mods done.