Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C more hole pattern

Open1215

Hello all. I am looking at purchasing an open gun that has a cmore serendipity attached. I would like to switch this to a cheeley say back 90 mount. ( I have this on my current gun and love it)

My question is hole patterns and compatibility. what would I need to do? Could I add 2 holes in between the existing 3 and have a regular mounting pattern or what. Or would I have to order one w/o holes and drill specially for the mount. Thank you all.

Hello: If you have a Serandipity C-more then you have a couple of options. Get the Cheely setback 90 degree mount and drill and tap the two extra holes in the frame. Then buy a new slide ride C-More. Or drill and tap the two holes as before in the frame and cut the legs off the Serandipity. You will then need to drill the C-more for the 2 mounting holes like on the slide ride. A note is that the back hole in the C-More will have a wood screw in it. The front hole you can drill right through. Buy the Cheely mount first so you can see where the holes ned to be drilled and tapped. Shooters Connection have them. Thanks, Eric

Well. Wow. Lol re read what was said. Use regular mount and 3 screws. Great. Sounds good. Thank you. So 3 button head screws cut flush on inside on the right and the 3 from the serendipity on the left. That's simple.

Cmore offers an aluminum rebuild? I will have to look into that.

Edited by Open1215

Thank you Eric. I know with the tanfoglio guns they have holes on each side and don't really have any affect. For Mr it would just be for aesthetics more then function. However knowing I should run all 5 holes definitely helps. I don't want the mount to crack. I also want to try the quinn III mount with the thumb rest. I've wanted to try that for some time. If a mount w/o a thumb rest will crack I would imagine that the added pressure would affect the mount as well. I have a screw and quinn stile thumb rest that I can install on my Cheely mount if I like the quinn with the addition to 2 small holes.