Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decisions, Decisions

kvfelton

Doesn't Mike have 6 helicopters? amd dozens of class III stuff including a quad 50 and a GE minigun. In a way gm iprod kind of does too. Although that does sound like a great setup. What about a SL900, Christmas is coming up!!

On a serious note, I bought an extra primer setup for my 650 Swapping the whole thing is much better that taking it apart.

(Edited by BSeevers at 4:33 pm on May 17, 2002)

I would love a SL900, but I don,t shoot enough shotgun. When I do take the Benelli for a walk, Mr Winchester makes better loads than me. A freind does make my 1oz #4 steel plate load for me but he is getting a little bored of that.

So, a call to Mike may be in order.

My loading room, which is 18ft X 7ft and a bench runs the full length of the long wall. I did have it in the spare bedroom, but when the second child arrived the wife made me move into the back of the garage. Best part is I can hide in there from the kids, and it is twicw as big as the spare room. Fully equiped with phone, radio, beer fridge and door lock.

Quote: from BSeevers on 1:32 pm on May 17, 2002

Doesn't Mike have 6 helicopters? amd dozens of class III stuff including a quad 50 and a GE minigun. (Edited by BSeevers at 4:33 pm on May 17, 2002)

Mike Dillon actually remanufactures the feed mechanisms for GE miniguns.  He's got LOTS of them.

What Dillon did with the miniguns is just testament to his mechanical genius.  The original minigun design jammed frequently and when it did, it jammed HARD.  He redesigned the feed mechanism and fixed it so that it virtually never jams and when it does, you pop open a little trap door and fix it in one minute.

A whole lot of helicopter pilots and door gunners are VERY happy now.

--------------

For 550 users, the solution to changing primer mechanisms is to own two.  One large, one small.  That's what I finally ended up with and am pretty happy about it.  It will never be as fast as a 650 by itself, but in the end I think it's just as efficient when you include setup and teardown.

E

Bseevers,

The only trouble is that Dillon machines are so easy to use that the 7yr old can run the 650, very slowly but she is learning fast. So the wuite times are not as long as I hoped.

But its so good to see kids keen on shooting, especially your own.

• 5 weeks later...

I pretty much reload for everything I shoot.  Once you have the equipment you might as well.  With jacketed bullets going for about $50 per thousand and primers about $15 per thousand, I still think you can save money reloading for the 9 mm.  It's even cheaper with lead bullets, though I prefer plated or the jacketed in the 9 mm.

I also solved the primer system change out problem by getting two machines.  Since I reload for my brothers I figured we could split the costs and if I ever moved we would just split up the equipment.  Now we sometimes have both machines going at the same time when they come over to visit.  Awesome machines, those Dillons.  

(Edited by Sheldon at 6:39 am on June 17, 2002)