Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Sync and Nook Time

L2450

I have Practiscore 1.2.30 on all of the club Nooks. One Nook is running 10 minutes fast this month. I discovered that when I tried to sync with my tablet and got an error message to the effect of "time not the same".

Has anyone else seen this?

I have tried to reset the time on this Nook but have been unable to do so.

Bud Connolly

Crooked Creek Pistol League OH12

Nook needs to be on wifi with internet access and it will reset clock automagically. I put the club Nooks on my home wifi while charging the day before the match. Unlikely clock would drift 10 + minutes in 24 hours. It's an Android function, has nothing do do with Practiscore, other than PS detects and notifies when clocks on syncing devices are too far apart.

Edited by NMBOpen

Timing is an important function to most networked devices. Yes, I've seen it on the tablets and in server farms. Either set them all manually or have them sync off an internet site that is reputable, they will have a good stratum clock to keep it on time.

The one that Eugene listed is a good app (best route) but you can do it manually also.

Well... but it would be better and much simpler to directly list the link to the .apk if there is one, like Niftybytes now provides for the Android version of PS. So that we don't have to go get yet another piece of downloader software that nobody knows about.

I remember someone saying once that "anything that takes more than one button push is a candidate for a trash can".

Guess I have to answer my question myself yet again: http://amip.tools-for.net/wiki/android/clocksync

Niftybytes is also not a hardware vendor and as you demonstrated it is not to hard to use Google to find answers not directly specific to PractiScore.

Anyhow, if you have any leverage on the rooting package to include any software required for Nooks, please use it, because I don't. All my attempts to ask for any additions failed miserably.

Anyhow, if you have any leverage on the rooting package to include any software required for Nooks, please use it, because I don't. All my attempts to ask for any additions failed miserably.

What would you like to have added?

In my observation, more people have emails than dropbox accounts... and dropbox doesn't exactly helps when you have no internet connection.

Personally I prefer Pushbullet over dropbox (no need to search around for files), but it doesn't work on nooks and kindles.

At very least, some app that can be used to share results, match export files, etc. It can be "save to sd", some email client app, or such.

Is there an app that does all that? I'm too lazy to google it. :)

You know I'm starting to understand why Bill Noyes gets so frustrated. Let me state my request another way. If you will provide a list, to include the name of the utility and URL to download it of the SPECIFIC utilities that you, as the Android developer, think would be beneficial to include in the root package I will see if I can talk JC Wren into including them. You are the best one to provide this information. Searching Google for "send to sd android" results in 26,000,000 results so if you will do the leg work and provide links to the specific utilities I'll see if I can get them included.

Zack, there are several unknowns to me there. How people are transferring their files around and where to.

For instance, at my matches I am running Nooks and my Android phone as a master. Wifi hostspot is on my phone, which also has internet connection. I can sync Nooks to my phone and then pretty much can post results right away.

If you'll have an ios device as a master, it would makes all of that different.

Then there are those who don't have internet at the range or don't want to use their phone. So, they may want to somehow transfer data from Android devices to a PC laptop before going home (many people are leaving scoring devices at the range hours away). They could use an USB cable, an SD card, or about dozen of Wifi-only (no internet) file transfer apps (ie. Android <-> PC) without a cable connection.

All that stuff is not directly related to PractiScore app. It is like when you need to cut some cardboard - you'll use any knife to do the job... Anything that works.

• 7 months later...

Timing is an important function to most networked devices. Yes, I've seen it on the tablets and in server farms. Either set them all manually or have them sync off an internet site that is reputable, they will have a good stratum clock to keep it on time.

The one that Eugene listed is a good app (best route) but you can do it manually also.

OK, so how does one set the clock on a nook manually? I've rebooted, I've changes time zones. My clock is off 12 minutes and it alternates from 12 min fast to 12 min slow.

I'm not a Computer expert here, so dumb question, can I copy the app from one android device to an other and load it via a card? I seem to be having an issue going directly to the Google App Store from the nook in question. If so, is there a specific set of directions to accomplish this?

Thank you!

If you have the apk file, you can copy it. There is also "apk file exporter" app you can install on device with google play store, that you can use to get apk files for apps installed on that device.

Generally I'd just Google for the answers or howtos. Just don't be afraid to search for them.

If you have the apk file, you can copy it. There is also "apk file exporter" app you can install on device with google play store, that you can use to get apk files for apps installed on that device.

Generally I'd just Google for the answers or howtos. Just don't be afraid to search for them.

Or be a pal and throw the APK up on DropBox for him (assuming you have it already).

You guys will really have it faster with a little of Googling (and searching for apps in the google app store).

I am on my phone for the most of the week and not sure when I will have chance next time to be on wifi with my laptop and post some megabytes of data for someone.