Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley prizm tr22 vs tr45

Superpipe9

Depends on the situation, Oakley says TR22 for brighter days and TR45 for lower light situations.

I have the M frames with the Prizm array sent of lenses and I love them, I am using the TR22's with a green fiber front sight.

I tried on both and ended getting the TR22 lenses. TR22 brought out the colors more and were good in bright sunlight. I have not taken them shooting yet, but have high expectations that they will do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the situation, Oakley says TR22 for brighter days and TR45 for lower light situations.

There's the answer. They are both great lenses. I have even shot indoors with TR22's and not bad. Will probably switch to the TR45's for the indoor season this winter.

How dark are the TR22's? I want to try a set but I am really light sensitive and worry they won't be dark enough. I can't find anywhere locally to look through them in person.

I shoot with the TR 22s in bright Florida sunshine. They are plenty dark. I have numerous Oakley lenses and although the light transmission is greater on the Prizms than say a +Red Iridium, I have never wished for a darker lens.

My only gripe is that they are not vented and shooting in high humidity/heat has lead to some fogging issues. resolved with anti-fog spray. Do the Prizms make me a better shooter--doubt it.

I have been using the 45's in the SI Radar frame. I shoot outside in Florida. Never tried the 22's, I don't think I'd want them any darker though. I have not had any issues with fogging, but I do if I wear my ESS frames or my half jacket's.

I do seem to be able to pick up a front fiber optic sight (green or red) a little quicker and painted steel really stands out.