Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 shooters: how do you prevent "Lever Bite"?

vactor

shooting my P320 i get the skin nicely shaved off of my support thumb base from the stupid take down lever. how do you guys shoot it and not get injured? it's impossible to use a thumbs forward grip on this thing!! argh!

love how it shoots, but at this point i want to throw it into the river. why did they make such an idiotic design when it was already perfect on the other P22x series???

post-28301-0-11780400-1437245493_thumb.j

the location of the take down lever is the same on all sizes of the p320, does not matter if your'e using the compact, carry or full size frame. can you post a pic? my hands are an XL glove size and not real meaty ... kinda average size hands and fingers for me. the frame in my case is a compact (15 rounds) in the Large grip size.

If you can find one then you can modify one of the older style flat P250 TDLs to work with the P320. I wouldn't be surprised to see those offered from the factory a an option in the future.

I have seen someone else grind the stock one flatter. I have started riding my support hand thumb on it so it helps me more than hurts.

hi alma. thanks for the replies. would you be able to post a picture of how you 'ride' the lever? i will be ordering a second lever from sig and probably just file it flat, but if i am not taking advantage of it in a way that helps, i'd rather try that first. if i move my support hand back so the thumb isn't forward i can rest the thumb pad on it, but it's not wide enough to do anything for me ... but i may not be doing it right.

p.s.

love your videos!

• 2 months later...

my sub compact did not have the flat lever. Build date March 2015. I solved the problem tho....gave it to my wife! Her thumbs are shorter. Got a Springer Mod 2 for self. No thumb problems.

JD

• 2 weeks later...

Mod1 firearms will take your stock lever and cut to look just like the old flat lever . Price is 55 bucks and 2 weeks . If its worth it to you .

I ground the ridge of the bottom of the lever and heavily rounded both ends and lower edge on the bar , oiled wet dry1000 grit paper to polish so its far less abusive to my thumb and cold blued it . Works far better .

• 3 weeks later...

My hands are not nearly that big, but with the full size I found using the lever like a thumb rest worked best for me. I am actually slightly depressing the lever downwards with my thumb and it keeps it out of my way and more comfortable to shoot.