Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Custom vs CZC ACCU Shadow BLK

PWSLMT

I am what I would call an average shooter, not bad, but not as good as I would want. I have been looking at CZ's Custom's website for awhile and have reserching posts here. I have had a hard time trying to decide between the two. Does someone have both? Is the $550.00 difference in price noticeable to an average shooter?

I talked to Matt Mink on the phone about this last week. His initial thought was that the accu bushing was a little gimmicky. However, as he shot the gun, his professional opinion changed. I believe he continues to use the gun for USPSA production class. If you're not a professional level shooter, as I'm not either (not even close), you likely won't see a benefit. So are you willing to pay $550 for something you won't benefit from? That's up to you. I was. Hah!

I had an Accushadow and a target shadow. While the Accushadow might be more accurate, I don't believe the difference is big enough to notice for this particular game.

That said, I think the Accushadow looks cool (particularly with the australian barrel). If I were to go back to CZ, that's what I would get.

If you are going to spend tons of time and money (ammo, match fees, etc.) on this game, you might as well shoot the gun you want to shoot. Assuming, that is, you don't have to sell an organ to buy it.

For most people the regular Accu would do, as would the Custom. The BLK adds a match barrel, and the factory barrel has shown that it's pretty good. It's not like USPSA is bullseye.

How about a LS-P?

Edited by Quack

I have an Accu and Shadow targets...... When you are shooting USPSA there is no noticeable difference really. Off a bench is where you will see the difference, and its not that big of a difference. ACCU's will do 1.5" group at 50yds and 4" or less at 100 yds.....Id ask where you are going to be shooting a pistol at those ranges on a regular basis and then make your choice from there.

Other than the bushing in the barrel the guns are virtually Identical. Sometimes for funsies I put my ACCU slide on my Shadow target just because I can....still doesn't make ME more accurate

That is exactly what I was thinking that I probably could not tell the difference. I defiantly can put the $550 toward range accessories and ammo. I think I will be very happy with the cheaper one in USPSA. Thanks