Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue joins Red TS + 2 questions

Czman

Since I travel reasonable distances to matches and time is money, I got a second TS that I have named Blue to join Red (which incidentally out shot my CM).

Blue got a similar treatment as Red (CM magwell, aluminum trigger, aluminum grips, competition hammer) with 2 differences:

1. Stock iron front sight for Blue

2. CM conceal hammer for Blue

Twins are fabulous for Limited (so what if we don't get TS Orange - we have Red and Blue) - but 2 questions:

1. Unexpected tiny but discernible and annoying creep with the concealed hammer. Had heard great reviews but now I am in two minds. Don't want to mess with sear and hammer surfaces - will this creep go way eventually or should I replace both hammer and sear? Red has the SA comp hammer from CZ USA and the fit with stock sear is incredible

2. Strangely, strangely with my later middle life eyes I am picking up and lining up the stock front sight faster in Blue than the fiber in Red - does this make any sense? I am using 1 mm fiber with stock rear in Red. My eyes are finding it easier to line up the iron line and visually determine the centering - than do the same thing with the fiber. Do any of you use stock iron sights??

Appreciate any insights on these 2 questions?

post-59296-0-92784400-1436835598_thumb.j

1. My CM's competition hammer had initially a small creep. It went away after 1000 shots. Concealed hammer hooks should be similar to competition hammer.

2. There is a reason why TS and CM have iron sights. Someone at CZ UB has believed iron sights are better than fiber optics. It is now changing with TS Orange. I think fibers are easier for new shooters. Experienced shooters might prefer differently. I have irons and planned to change them, but lately I have hesitated. May be it is not worth of it. Fiber could be little faster, but irons are more accurate.

When new, my TS exhibited a slight amount of creep. It has gotten progressively worse over time. It doesn't hurt for USPSA shooting, but it is annoying for precision shooting. I will probably replace the sear and hammer this winter.

I prefer a FO front sight. My eyesight is such that I shoot a red dot on all of my other pistols. So the FO dot is natural for me. I find it immensly faster that plain iron sights. If you don't like the FO, take it out. The front of mine eventually melted and it fell out. I found the bright, sharp .040" dia circle to be incredibly precise.

TS Orange... that might be the perfect gun.

Every gun needs some customization. I would like to shave some weight off from TS Oranges slide. Others could want higher safety self.

When new, my TS exhibited a slight amount of creep. It has gotten progressively worse over time. It doesn't hurt for USPSA shooting, but it is annoying for precision shooting. I will probably replace the sear and hammer this winter.

I prefer a FO front sight. My eyesight is such that I shoot a red dot on all of my other pistols. So the FO dot is natural for me. I find it immensly faster that plain iron sights. If you don't like the FO, take it out. The front of mine eventually melted and it fell out. I found the bright, sharp .040" dia circle to be incredibly precise.

Same thing happened to me with my Colt fiber front. Fell off in the middle of range trip and my groups shrunk by half, sighting through the tiny hole - lol!

I suspect the creep in Blue TS is tied to factory sear - I have some spares, so will likely switch out. Red TS is perfect :)

I am hoping a friend can help me cut down SSI CZ Scales grips tomorrow - want to play with that and see if I like it better than the UB grip.

Edited by Czman