Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Posting to Practiscore from Android

drysideshooter

After posting our monthly steel match to Practiscore yesterday I learned something interesting. Previously we have posted final results from an iOS device. Yesterday I used an Android tablet as the master and posted to Practiscore from that. Everything except the individual stages and times showed up. Combined, all of the classes, etc. showed up, but not the individual stage results and times for each string.

I sent support an email and received a reply in less than a minute. Pretty impressive and it sounded like it was partly lucky timing. It turns out that is the way the current software works. I synced to an iOS device and posted again and sure enough, everything was there.

I thought it was interesting and might help some other clubs or match directors to know that.

• 1 month later...

Either that, or it will be obsolete after the new results web site will be completed.

But NOT obsolete for ranges that use PractiScore to post results to their individual web sites!!!

Perhaps that may motivate them to post to PS web site. You can also implement your own processing of the scores before posting and implement all kind of fancy stuff. It's already been done by several people.

I feel your pain, but unfortunately the problem is a maintenance issue, which has to be implemented separately for both ios and android app. Processing on a server side removes a need in such duplication of work.