Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Counted Wrong

JAF1680

We started a small three gun match at our local gun range. I am one of the only two RO's that run the match. Because many of the shooters have never done any run and gun we limit the round count and all of the guns are staged with a set number of rounds loaded. I had people talking to me and asking questions about the next stage when I was loding my saiga mag. Last week when it was my turn; I staged my guns and when I ran the stage, I pulled the trigger on the last target and click. I racked the slide and click and looked at an emtipy chamber. I dumped the gun and moved to the pistol and finished the stage. I was the only shooter with a FTE on the stage. I will count more accuratly in the future.

Don't get distracted at preload. Happened to me in 2010 at Ft. Benning. Stage with mixed birdshot and slugs. Distracted, lost count and forgot to put birdshot on top for three close poppers. Being the first shooter on the squad with freshly painted steel, slug hits on close poppers were REAL obvious. Procedurals plus $50/hit x 3.

Because many of the shooters have never done any run and gun we limit the round count and all of the guns are staged with a set number of rounds loaded.

Why do you limit the number of rounds someone can load? Are they not allowed to make-up missed shots?

It is at a range with a lot of rules and they rent guns to new shooters so anyone can give 3 gun a try. Every thing has a round limit with no makeups allowed. I know it is not quite like real 3 gun but it allows us to have a local area to get some practice with our 3 gun equipment.

• 9 months later...