Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for 165gr long load data

trp

Looking to try some 165gr 40's loaded to 1.185-1.190

Looking for some load data useing n320

Anybody have any experience with this set up?

The sound of crickets chirping again! Wish I could help but that's a combo I haven't tried yet - in fact, I've been watching this thread hoping for some load info! Got a large quantity of Rainer 165 gr. FN bullets I'd like to try in my Edge (with WST)...

Edited by pbcaster45

I am running bullseye with 165 gr bullets because it is what I have on hand. I am at 173 pf. Thought I would hate it because I love 200 grain bullets. Shot 2 matches with it and actually really enjoy how fast everything happens. I would have to check my records, but I pulled the load off Alliant's website. Not any help with the 320.

I load 165gr Black Bullets to 1.185-1.19. 5.2gr of N320 makes 168-170 PF in my 6-inch limited gun and my 5-inch single stack gun.

Edited by ah1356

It's a 10-pound recoil spring with an aluminum shock buff and I think it's a 17-pound mainspring. Runs great and very flat. If you're using jacketed bullets you'll need to up the powder charge. I need another 0.5 grains to match the power factor using Montana Gold bullets in my 5-inch 1911.