Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II Trigger pull weights

What SA/DA is everyone getting after they "work" there gun? I got my trigger gauge in today and I'm at SA 4lb 6oz & DA 9lb 6oz's.... I have a Xtreme Titan hammer, disconnector and 1 piece sear coming next week I'll update once they are installed

Just wanting to see what guys are getting out of there guns am I close or still way off.

Edited by calvinc78

what springs are you running? dropping the hammer spring from an 18 to a 13 will drop your DA down to about 5-6lb and your SA should drop about a pound.

hang on, when you say 'worked' the gun what do you mean? sounds like you have not yet fitted any parts or springs? if so what you have is about normal for a standard stock II...

what springs are you running? dropping the hammer spring from an 18 to a 13 will drop your DA down to about 5-6lb and your SA should drop about a pound.

hang on, when you say 'worked' the gun what do you mean? sounds like you have not yet fitted any parts or springs? if so what you have is about normal for a standard stock II...

I bought the Henning upgrade kit that has the lightened recoil, firing pin, hammer, and plunger springs.... I'm wondering if the kit I bought the hammer spring is not lightened enough. I have a EGD lightened hammer spring coming to try and see if that's the issue.

No I didn't "fit" any parts only polished the trigger assembly, sear housing, plunger and frame. What parts need fiting?

Hmm if that is the kit and the hammer spring is 13# then you should be getting lighter trigger pulls.

Mine are 7# and 2.5# and all I have done is polish, polish, polish and smooth up some rough spots, along with clipping 2 coils off the stock plunger spring and added a 13# hammer spring.

Ok so update. Got all my parts in....here's what I have done and results. Polished everything.

Henning guide rod and 8lb recoil spring

Henning gen 4 FP & reduced power FP spring

Titan hammer & Xtreme light hammer spring

Xtreme disconnector

1 piece sear

Xtreme FPB "have not fit yet"

CGW light trigger return spring

Henning light plunger spring

Pull weight are average of 5 pulls

SA 3lbs 1oz

DA 7lbs 8oz

Also will set off WSP both SA/DA

It's now a totally different gun was very disappointed now in love with it!!

5C54E018-1065-44F3-AE22-61E5F321D63F_zps

9C5AE01D-ECE9-411C-A636-67ED7EEEEE0A_zps

So as a true tinker and trigger snob I couldn't leave well enough alone photos are 5 pull average... I went through my gun again and cleaned and polished everything and still made no difference. So next pulled the sear housing out and noticed that with just the trigger in the gun I was getting almost a 2lb pull just to get the trigger to the back wall.... So replaced the Henning plunger spring with a clicky pen spring and adjust the trigger return spring to where it wasn't so stiff. Well seemed to work. The trigger is starting to feel amazing..... I have a CGW sear spring coming just to see if that does anything but definitely not needed.

Edited by calvinc78

Ya mine stock was 5lb 8oz SA & 11lb 12oz DA!! lol it wasn't nice at all.... I've had the gun less than a month and to be honest never thought I'd see these trigger pulls and was very close to selling it and getting a accushadow. So glad I stayed on it cause I love the feel of the stock II. I've shot open the last few years and used to a 1lb 10oz trigger....

Very happy with the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

2015 Stock 2

Stock: 12+ lb DA, 4.25lb SA

Stage 1: 8.25lb DA, 3.4 SA - 13lb Wolff hammer spring, Bic Atlantis plunger spring, slightly tweaked trigger return spring, polished hammer strut/plunger/trigger bar/slide/disco/sear cage surfaces. Stock hammer & 2-piece sear. No trimmed springs.

Put in a Henning Gen4 FP, Xtreme light fps, 13lb hammer spring, Delta hammer, CZ trs, clipped plunger spring, 1 piece sear with light spring and tons of polishing.

DA: 0fdbd267-58d8-4590-94c6-faed760633cb.jpg

SA: b4d76853-28ab-4f75-99d2-3e10a7dfe98d.jpg

Pencil test launches it about 3 feet up. Will have to put a thousand rounds through it this week to check the functionality.

Edited by eboadway

Put in a Henning Gen4 FP, Xtreme light fps, 13lb hammer spring, Delta hammer, CZ trs, clipped plunger spring, 1 piece sear with light spring and tons of polishing.

DA: 0fdbd267-58d8-4590-94c6-faed760633cb.jpg

SA: b4d76853-28ab-4f75-99d2-3e10a7dfe98d.jpg

Pencil test launches it about 3 feet up. Will have to put a thousand rounds through it this week to check the functionality.

With those Sa numbers is there still a nice wall to prep trigger, or does it more rolling like Cz

Which gives lighter DA, the 13# wolfe spring or the Xtreme light spring?

I have a fresh S2 with the wolfe 13 and it still seems to stack right at the end.

It also has xtreme sear (one piece), titan hammer, 2 wing disco all parts polished. The SA trigger moves effortlessly to a wall, pressure mounts then SNAP.

What effect would 1 wing disco have compared to 2 wing?

I cut two coils off the wolf hammer spring and two coils off the wolf firing pin spring and it sets off my federal primers just fine. It actually leave a very deep strike in the primers compared to my shadow with theb8.5 hammer spring

Just swapped in the xtreme 1 wing disco and xtreme light hammer spring. Polished the disco up before install so it woukd be just like the polished 2 wing.

Holy Mackerel! Lighter, smoother and all signs of stacking are gone. It's amazing now versus what it was like just minutes ago. I'm a believer.