Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger, low mass BCG and muzzle device for 11 y/o 3 gun rifle

rescue6

My boys have DR comps on their ARs. Seekins is another that is less concussive.

I have a Seekins on the 16" one my grand daughter shot and it seems to keep the concussion away from her. She went with me to a 3-gun match Saturday to watch and I had her shoot a few of the stages partially with her pistol and my rifle to get her started. She shot 8 rifle targets with hard cover, head shots, and no shoots with no problems. All of the shots were A zone. No flinching.

The other LW rifle I built for her has a Faxon pencil barrel with a Taccom triangular comp on it and it directs more of the blast back towards the shooter. She does not like that one as well and I will probably change it. Try to find a .625 OD comp that will work.

gerritm

We have found the JBillet comp to be very effective in this regard.

Tried your website and Google, can't seem to find it. Can you send me a link?

gerritm

16.5 VooDoo , apex comp, JP LMOS, Syrac adj gas blk, and KMR rail. I've got the same setup except with a Mi SS2 rail. Runs real flat and is real lightweight.

This might be a little of topic but it'll help your son. Try to get him to learn how to clear malfunctions both in the Ar and Pistol platform. I've seen so many people zero stages because they picked a match as the time to learn how to clear/fix a malfunction. It's frustrating watching people quit or get hung up on simple malfunction. Just look up 3 Little Kittens on you tube and that'll be a good start, and of course there are ways to game malfunctions but that'll come with time.

Good Luck,

JG