Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$700-$900 to spend on glass, which one?

A5H556

I wouldn't bother using a scope for matches that are 100yds and in, and here's why. My local MDs love to incorporate interesting shooting positions into the stages (which I appreciate). Trying to get a proper cheek weld when lying on your side (with the rifle on it's side as well in order to shoot through a narrow slot for instance) using a scope sucks. I watch other dudes giving tactical BJs wasting seconds trying to find that eyebox. I flop down with my red dot and shoot, don't need a good cheek weld, don't need the rifle tucked into the shoulder - just need to put the dot on the target and pull the trigger. I've also seen the scoped guys struggle on targets in the 60-100 yard range because they use too much mag. They think they need the mag but all it does is cause them to see the shake so bad that they can't hit the target.

If you feel like you really need the scope, go with a low power like 1-4x or the above mentioned 1-3. That way your top end isn't overpowering at 100.

That being said I did pick up a Strike Eagle (1-6) a few weeks ago to try out tac scope - we routinely have targets from 300-500 yards.

I'm going to have to disagree with anyone who likes the Bushnell AR optics 1-4x. I didn't think I was a glass snob till I bought this scope. Its absolute garbage. It gives most people I know headaches if they try to shoot with any precision.

Anyone want to buy mine?

I'm going to have to disagree with anyone who likes the Bushnell AR optics 1-4x. I didn't think I was a glass snob till I bought this scope. Its absolute garbage. It gives most people I know headaches if they try to shoot with any precision.

Anyone want to buy mine?

This is truth. BTDT with that scope. Issues:

1) Inability to focus the scope/poor optical clarity

2) FFP reticle, not daylight bright and no leading crosshairs...reticle washes out and you can't even find the small black dot.

3) Uncapped turrets that move too easily. This cost me a match when I pulled my rifle out of the case, noticed that the turret was not zeroed and moved it to the closest zero...it was a revolution high.

For anyone that cares, I purchased the Trijicon Accupower with the red BDC segmented circle reticle. My mount came in yesterday so I hope to get it zeroed this weekend. So far all impressions are favorable. See the Accupower titled thread here for more info, reticle pics, etc.

Edited by A5H556