Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When using the cardboard 3 gun targets, I understand that 1 hit in within the center perforation is considered neutralized. Is it 2 shots anywhere on the cardboard or 2 within the secondary circle to be considered neutralized?

9.1.4 Any 3GN Official paper target designated as a "Shoot" target must have either one "Center" hit in the 8" circle OR have two hits anywhere inside the border perforation. The hit or hits only need to touch or break the perforation to avoid penalty.

I guess my question is what is considered the "boarder perforation".

Its the perforation in the target that forms a border. Have you seen one of the targets before?

There may be some variation as to whether it has to touch the perf or just hit the cardboard, depending on outlaw rule sets being utilized. In the italicized rule you posted, the bullet must touch the perf to count as being a good hit. 2 anywhere ON TARGET will neutralize it. Or 1 of them in the center area will take care of it too. If you miss the center and hit the outer area with only 1 bullet, expect a penalty.

Its the perforation in the target that forms a border. Have you seen one of the targets before?

There may be some variation as to whether it has to touch the perf or just hit the cardboard, depending on outlaw rule sets being utilized. In the italicized rule you posted, the bullet must touch the perf to count as being a good hit. 2 anywhere ON TARGET will neutralize it. Or 1 of them in the center area will take care of it too. If you miss the center and hit the outer area with only 1 bullet, expect a penalty.

The targets I've used did not have a border perf. That's why I was asking.

Most all standard brown targets will have them. The actual 3GN colored ones I've not shot a whole lot and can't remember if they have a perf or if its just the different colored zones.

This is from the MGM site:

Details:

The Official Target of 3 Gun Nation!

Call for shipping pricing.
We are proud to announce that we now carry the official targets of the 3 Gun Nation.
Specs: 18” square with 17” round and 8” round scoring areas.
Quantity: 100 targets per box. Sold by the full carton only.
Please note: Price does not include shipping.
Durable kraft over white corrugated target. Standard IMG (international multigun) scoring – one hit inside embossed 8 inch inner circle neutralizes target or two hits anywhere within overall 17 inch diameter scoring area neutralizes target.

Matching tape also available. 60yd x 3/4" roll. Tan, Black, White

Edited by big97redtj

Pizza boxes look square, but in fact they are round. Remember you are shooting at the PIZZA, not the box. Only the pie hits score, the rest of the box is just there to give a space for the magic staples.

Pizza boxes look square, but in fact they are round. Remember you are shooting at the PIZZA, not the box. Only the pie hits score, the rest of the box is just there to give a space for the magic staples.

That's what I figured, but I was told by a match director that it's 1 in the center or 2 anywhere on the cardboard. Of course I was told this after the match.

I've shot matches and have heard that too. Gotta make sure the definition of "on the cardboard" is nice and clear :). If you're match is using 3GN rules, it sounds like your set. If they are their own created rule set, then verify.

We use these cardboard targets with an A zone at the head and chest that takes 1. Its perforated and has A imprinted on it. I imagine different clubs use different cardboard targets. Normally it seems most just shoot two, but I saw a guy save a mag change and shoot all A zones.

MGM also has a different 3GN target that has the 8" circle with a square scoreing boarder that almost covers the whole target.

I think this target is used for everything BUT the pro series. This was the paper target used at FNH last year.

When using the cardboard 3 gun targets, I understand that 1 hit in within the center perforation is considered neutralized. Is it 2 shots anywhere on the cardboard or 2 within the secondary circle to be considered neutralized?

9.1.4 Any 3GN Official paper target designated as a "Shoot" target must have either one "Center" hit in the 8" circle OR have two hits anywhere inside the border perforation. The hit or hits only need to touch or break the perforation to avoid penalty.

I guess my question is what is considered the "boarder perforation".

The "1st Gen" 3GN Club Series Targets had 2 circles on them, an inner 8" circle and an outer circle (not sure the diameter). These targets did not have a outer perforation on them. The newer targets have a single 8" circle, then a perforation on the outer edge of the square target. Unless things have changed again, any two hits inside that square perforation will neutralize the target.

See attached photo

post-32869-0-52769000-1434809385_thumb.j

Edited by SteveT-NV