Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arrendondo Mag well.

KAL

I just got the Arrendondo mag well in my Brownells shipment today. I have heard good things about them so I thought I would try it.

First thing I did not like is it plastic, I dont know why but i thought it was a alloy part. Not really impressed with the way it looks on the rifle, Maybe it wil grow on me. :(

Second is I put it on and it is so tight that you have to pull a loaded mag out of it. Nothing will drop free, If there is still a mag in the gun when your support hand is bringing up a full one from your belt it aint much of a speed assist. :angry:

So the question is do I have to take a dremmel to it and grind it out to make it work like it is intentended. Not happy about buying it and then grinding it up. I could have just grinded the stock mag well and got almost the same thing. :blink:

Anybody using them and what did you do to make trouble free loading,

A freind of mine put his on and I think he said he had to grind off a couple of high spots.

One of these days I might have to get around to putting mine on.

Still not sure whether or not to put it on, now that I found out that a Beta mag won't work with it on.

Yes you would have to remove it to use a Beta or even a Redi Mag, And you will have to add spacers between the mags if you use a mag cinch.

Not sure if it is going to stay on mine at the moment.

I put one on my gun, tried it for a few hundred rounds, and promply took it off. Poorly designed: doesn't fit anywhere near properly, doesn't allow use of Betas, and doesn't work with everyone else's "dual mag" setups. Thus, useless and a waste of cash (sigh).

A comple of local guys have put their heads together and come up with an aluminum mag well that actually works. Once we get our other projects done, we will probably have a bunch of 'em CNC'ed and anodized.

Alex

If they were oversized in the right spots, that would work just fine. As it is, after building up the low spots with JB weld, and filing those and the high spots to fit properly...

Not enough gain.

Alex