Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetek black ice holster for a G34

What's everyone's thoughts on the Blade Tech black ice holster for 3 gun and how's the retention on that holster also? I have been using the Blade Tech DOH with my G22/17 for 3 gun an it's been good but I was wondering about the ice so jus wondering. Thanks for any help guys

Make sure the tension is down tight when using it for 3gun. The black ice has a little more play then other Blade-tech holster due to the extra room allowing it for quicker draws for sitting positions. Other then that I use one for my production pistol and my limited pistol for USPSA. for 3gun I use a Non DOH normal Blade-tech holster for my STI. Although, if its a pistol start stage, I'll usually swap out holster in favor of the Black ice as it just a much faster holster to draw from.

Edited by DocMedic

for 3gun I use a Non DOH normal Blade-tech holster for my STI. Although, if its a pistol start stage, I'll usually swap out holster in favor of the Black ice as it just a much faster holster to draw from.

Better not switch holsters at RM3G....obscure rule.

Edited by bishop414

Good point, You need to know the rules of the match your going to before hand. I use my 60rnd Surefire mag pretty much every major match I go too, but I won't use it at RM3G as it violates the rules in my division and would bump me to open.

Edited by DocMedic

Not enough retention for me for 3 gun. I have just seen too many pistols end up on the ground that started out in a holster that's made or setup to try and shave a quarter second off the draw. That's anything from a real low cut holster like an Ice or a kydex " pouch" run super loose for a "smooth draw". The draw isn't that important in 3 gun to the point shaving tiny bits of draw time is worth potentially loosing the gun. If you insist on running in I would crank the screws way down if there is any kind if odd start position or if your using a sling or doing a decent run or getting on or off stuff. Been running retention here since before they were cool as I want the gun to stay where I put it without concern or doing the common one hand run with the hand on the pistol as you run. It's all risk vs reward for me not risking a dq for a dropped gun to save .25 sec on a draw in 3 gun. If it's worth it to you more power to you

I have a Black Ice for my 17L which the G34 will work in it. I have switched to Frank Proctor's Holster and I am very pleased with it. The only thing I did was put mine on a Sarariland QLS 22.

Here is a link to it.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-owb-holster-for-glock-34-35/

Edited by Philip Dedmon