Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 150 swc

Bwidpa

Anyone using these bullets from bayou and care to share your loads. They seat really deep so I'm expecting a low charge weight. Will be using them in a 1911 for idpa esp. I already tried some and know they feed in my gun.

I shoot those, love them! I had to get a Lee factory crimp die to make them run in my gun.

E3 is my go to powder, if you do a search here you should find some loads

I have loaded that bullet over both titegroup and bullseye. About 2.7 gr of titegroup or bullseye worked well in my XDM 5.25. Since that bullet seats so deep in the case some brass doesn't work with it. Anything with a stepped case like ammoload will buldge and not feed and some thick brass doesn't work as well either. Win, Fed, Blazer, and PMC all worked well for me.

I just tried some myself. They ran fine in my P320 and shot accurate. I used 2.7 bullseye. I do agree that a Lee factory crimp die might be a must for these.

But they didn't seem to punch a nice clean hole in the target like the 200 gr in .45 does. So I'm just going to stick with the 147 FP's.

It's tough to beat the hole produced from a 147fp. I was going to try the 150 but they seat so low it would compress the powder depending on which powder was used. (Wst)

Edited by tcazes