Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G-34/35 question

rack&roll

I am selling my G-35 and replacing it with a G-34. (I already have a .40 limited gun.) I want a gun that I can shoot cheap, factory ammo through, and not pickup the brass!

My question is: Are the 34 and 35's firing pin assemblies the same? Same striker and housing? I took the Dale Rhea trigger/striker out of my 35, and would like to install it in my new 34 when I get it. Thanks for any input.

Larry

It should drop in. Glocks have pretty liberal tolerances. Make certain you have enough striker engagement. If the striker is not caught by the trigger bar you will have a full auto Glock.

What else is different? I thought the extractors were different and the breech face. I could be wrong.

I like your first idea, sell the G35 and buy the 34. A few thousand rounds of Blazer 115s for $100/1000 and away you go. I use to chase shotgun hulls - still do for practice at sporting clays and hated that. I just let the Blazers drop and the gun ammo can make the 50 yard target A zone with no problems if I do my part.

On second thought you should keep the G35 as your backup limited gun and buy a G34. I've sold 2 guns in my whole life (45 years old) and wish that I had them both back. That's just me.

I use a Federal 9mm conversion barrel in my G35. Paid $68 for it. I don't change anything except for the mags. I have over 10,000 rounds through it with only 3 failures. One was a failure to feed the other two were caused by a very dirty chamber.