Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"re-marking" caliber on Schuemann Barrel

Tochnost

Hi All,

I am building a 10mm Tribid. I just completed chambering the schuemann barrel I purchased for the project and would like to have it marked "10MM" This would require the old marking be removed and the new marking be put in its place. Also, it will need to be deep enough to resist blasting prior to refinish.

Does anyone know who could do this for me? I have had zero success locally or by searching the net.

Many thanks.

post-59262-0-25400100-1433874124_thumb.j

Edited by Tochnost

I have use cratex wheel on a dermal to remove the markings and small letter punches to remark 40 barrels as 10mm. No it does not look as nice as the factory roll stamp.

Thanks Tripod. Not sure if i'm brave enough to attempt that on my own, but it may come to that shortly.

Anyone know anywhere/anyone that does this kind of thing that I could send it off too?

I have use cratex wheel on a dermal to remove the markings and small letter punches to remark 40 barrels as 10mm. No it does not look as nice as the factory roll stamp.

That is the same way I remove serial numbers on my throw down guns.

For removing the old stamp, depends on how deep it is. If it's just a couple thou I would sand it off. Deeper than that, I would "x" it out. For the new mark, you can get a metal etch kit from Martroics Corp. for $80.

Edited by ltdmstr

It will etch up to .003, which I believe is sufficient for BATFE requirements. It's commonly used by gunsmiths and knifemakers. Most blast/prep first, then etch the mark before applying finish (blue, chrome, TiN, etc.).