Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para 170 Mags

JMontie

I had posted on a thread that is now closed. Since then I've had quite a few messages about SPS magazines. I ordered one mag to try (MGH170), it came in and worked flawlessly. So I ordered another one. Shipping took 13 days from Spain, not bad. So Para shooters, you might want to check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

No mods to the mag catch. I have a para, I'm the 5th owner so not sure what all has been done to it. I also have a RIA 2011 Tactical in 9mm. They fit in both. One mag was a little long front to back, it had so issues dropping free. I used a little sandpaper on a flat surface, and then buffed them. They work fine. I haven't changed out followers, springs, or basepads. The set screw in the base pad is not tight (locktite it), will probably try a TTI base pad. Right now I get 28 reloadable, was hoping for more.

JMontie, everything is running fine, glad to hear the mag works. Wish I did not sell my SPS.

Love the gun. I need a new Mainspring housing. The right side mag well fell off (Smith and Alexander), had to change the extractor also. But beside that it's good. I have the parts for another open gun, going to send it to Gans Guns get it built. Once I get it back I'm going to send this one back to Don Fraley to go thru it.

I have an sps 170 for my trubor in 38. Its completely stock standard, holds 27 and locks in on a closed slide. Advertised as holding 29? Happy with it and will grab some more of them in the future, no issues so far.