Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on revolver division

Ontarget

I going to try shooting in the Revolver Division. I have read the rules, but wanted to be sure about what is legal concerning belts. I think I can shoot using two separate belts, one securing the gun and a second for the speedloaders? If the belt securing the gun is thru the belt loops at waist level, can I use the CR Speed inner belt at chest high level to hold speedloaders? Thanks.

It appears that the moon rack must also be at waist level.

5.2.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying the holster and allied equipment must be worn during the course of fire; the belt must be worn at the waist level, which is deemed to be at the same level as the original belt loops on the lower garment. (See 5.2.3.1 for exceptions.) The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops. The belt may be removed between courses of fire.

I going to try shooting in the Revolver Division. I have read the rules, but wanted to be sure about what is legal concerning belts. I think I can shoot using two separate belts, one securing the gun and a second for the speedloaders? If the belt securing the gun is thru the belt loops at waist level, can I use the CR Speed inner belt at chest high level to hold speedloaders? Thanks.

Why?

You want to mount speedloaders on a belt that you want to wrap around your chest so you can reload faster? That's fascinating. I don't think it's legal.

5.2.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, the belt carrying the holster and allied equipment must be worn during the course of fire; the belt must be worn at the waist level, which is deemed to be at the same level as the original belt loops on the lower garment. (See 5.2.3.1 for exceptions.) The belt or the inner belt or both must be either securely fixed at the waist, or secured with a minimum of three belt loops. The belt may be removed between courses of fire.

5.2.4 During the course of fire, after the start signal, unless stipulated otherwise in the stage procedure, spare ammunition, magazines and/or speed loading devices shall be carried in retention devices attached to the competitor's belt and specifically designed for that purpose. Unless specifically prohibited in the Written Stage Briefing, a competitor may also carry additional magazines or speed loading devices in apparel pocket(s) and retrieve and use them, providing that the location of the apparel pocket does not violate the requirements of Appendix D, Item 12 (subject to the provisions of Rule 6.2.5.1).