Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Egret has met its match!

ErikW

Sig Lady,

You seem to be awful protective of your peaches..... Is there something we don't know?

Merlin,

This manuever probably works just dandy in a dojo against someone in that stance, wearing pajamas, with no training at all. However, most men wear jeans, and lead with their left foot. Kinda complicates the books perspective. Not saying anything bad about martial arts training, but I don't think your sensei would advocate that manuever in a streetfight. Raz-o's take on the manuever is more realistic, as it doesn't try to teach kneeling during a fight. That said, look at the pictures again. Are they not worthy of the humor forum!?!

Oh yea. I agree that the photo and description as posted is very humorous. I also agree that it is not the FIRST thing in the bag of tricks to go for....Probably WAY down the list. It is just one of many moves available. A fight is just like a course of fire that we run in a match. Always changing with a million possible variables to address. Better to have a club in your bag for a possible shot than to play the entire course with just your putter. Kind like having a weak hand shot through a barrel while prone. May never use it but that does not mean that if practiced it could not make the needed difference.

I am just an argumentative bastard - don't mind me. :P

That said, look at the pictures again. Are they not worthy of the humor forum!?!

oh yeah, they are funny. Love and respect of martial arts aside, definitely a connoisseur of bad martial arts instructional materials. There are some doosies out there that are comedy gold.

This one horrificly bad instructional video for police officers where all the knife wielding enemies seemed to be quebecois with bad mullets. There was another one with a guy with a black belt in ninjitsu (supposedly) who was teaching unarmed defense against weapons. The fact the guy couldn't pronounce the word sword correctly was almsot as amusing as his instructions on how to disarm someone cramming an ar into your chest while you were lying on the ground. A more contrived setup I have never seen, and to top it off it was horribly slow and ineffective to boot. But man was it some funny stuff.

The best thing about this thread is all the tactibillies it lured out of the closet!

What do you think the title of that book is?

Ninjutsu for Dummies

How to be a Deadly Ninja Assassin in Ten Easy Steps

The Art of Peach-Picking

Gonad Collecting for Fun and Profit

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Peaches

The best thing about this thread is all the tactibillies it lured out of the closet!

What do you think the title of that book is?

Ninjutsu for Dummies

How to be a Deadly Ninja Assassin in Ten Easy Steps

The Art of Peach-Picking

Gonad Collecting for Fun and Profit

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Peaches

Tactibillie huh? ;)

There was this story of a black belt that kept breaking his little toes. His solution was to have them cut off. At first the surgeon didn't agree to do it. The karateka said that was fine because he would do it himself. Apparently the surgeon believed him and agreed to do it.

I paid Master Chung Chang Pyo $165 a month for nearly 6 years to beat my ass four times a week. I don't know where you've been but I do know where I came up with my opinions. ;)

Steal any peaches while you were there? :P:D

Oh wait.... 6 years? I apologize then for the joke. You could probably kick my a$$ in at least three different styles.... :blink:

Steal any peaches while you were there? :P:D

Actually, I wasn't going to ask if the broken gonad was due to a peach stealing monkey ... but since it started, oh well. :rolleyes:

BTW: Erik's tactibilly comments are nothing, wait until he gets started on the "gay" thing again. He's like Judy Garland on repeat. :P

Uhh...."How to be a Deadly Ninja Assassin in Ten Easy Steps"?

(I'm afraid to ask if there is a prize for the correct answer.)

I think much of the confusion here is due to errant translation of the original ancient text...... where the words for "fruits" and "nuts" have obviously been exchanged.