Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M&P 22 Compact

rhart123

Got a new M&P 22 compact last night and did a little breaking in today. Like most semi-auto 22s I've experience with it is a little finicky on ammo. I shot 869 rounds through it - mostly as fast as I could pull the trigger. No issues with minimags, aguila super extra, aguila super maximum and Remington viper ammo. It choked on Winchester 1650 fps non-lead bullets (20-30% FTF, FTE). It had a few stumbles on American Eagle 1100 fps ammo. It ran like a raped ape on the higher velocity ammo though. I'm not concerned about the performance on the lower velocity ammo as I run at least minimags for steel challenge. Overall quite happy with both performance and accuracy. Got it for $259 at Palmetto State Armory ($17 shipping and $10 transfer). I should have waited for free shipping this weekend...

I've ordered an M&P 9 from GrabAGun for $410 (free ship this weekend) and with the $10 transfer this sounds like a good deal. I've already ordered the Apex competition kit for it so I'll get it match ready right away.

Thinking about sights next. Anybody have any experience with the Dawson adjustable rear sight?

I have no issues at all with my M&P 22 LR. It isn't the compact but it just runs and runs and runs. I have a few buddies that bit on the compact and they love it!

I own a Compact. Great little pistol. My wife and kids love it. I use it for plinking and teaching new shooters how to shoot a pitol. Only ammo Ive have issues with is AutoJam, I mean AutoMatch. :)

Wow $10 transfers? Unheard of in Maryland, especially post FSA2013. The transfer fees went up from there, and never came back down after the rush was over.