Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power P1 or P11

I have a Grand Power K100 X-Trim I absolutely love it.

I'm looking for something slightly smaller The K100 is the same frame as the P1 so same long grip ( I've toyed with the idea of cutting one down a bit)

P11 has a shorter grip, but my only real concern is that it would be too small for my hands or the grip would be a little funky since it's not adjustable.

Anyone have both? Opinions, thoughts?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I decided on the P1, Mainly because i feel that the P11 grip will be smaller in diameter in my hands. I use the large back strap on my K100 I may at some point get a P1, or get parts and make my own hybrid. I am totally in love with my P1, it's been pretty much my constant companion since i picked it up last week. I even did a brief video of it cycling. all 100% factory in the video, and it will probably stay that way for a while.

a P40 is on my list... just depends on whether i get to it before or after the P40 L in 10mm gets here.

• 1 month later...

The reason I ask is Bud's has one for $492 *cash

The picture has the Mk12 takedown lever, but you can't trust the pictures at Bud's.

EDIT: You know, I bet it is the Mk12 because they list it with Bersa instead of the old importer.

Edited by mig1

I would go k100 or p11. The p1 just has a shorter barrel compared to the k100. That's not the hard part to conceal. So I don't see giving up the benefits of a longer barrel. But if you want max concealability then the p11 looks pretty damn sweet.

Picked up my P11 today. Other than the gobs of oil covering it ( not really a bad thing ) I'm loving it so far.

Anybody know if they make a full size mag grip sleeve like the Walther P99c?

This is mine with a full size mag inserted and locked in. Sorry the camera in my phone is almost dead.post-34985-143994023366_thumb.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

P11 is still on my list of BUG guns. God XDs coming for this year's competition , I'm really thinking just switching to GP for all my competition needs. XTrim for IDPA ,Xcalibur for USPSA and P11 for bug

Makes sense ? Does P11 fit BUG criteria ?

Can you put full size slide on P11.

Well, we know you can put a P1 slide on the P11 (I think that's actually what the P1S is).

Given the rave reviews people have for the XDs4.0 I would think that putting a K100 slide on a P11 would be a winning combination!

As it is, the thing is just about the perfect size for a CCW IMHO. It's slightly smaller than a Glock 19 in width (if you don't count the safety levers) and height . I think the P1S would be even better though since slide length doesn't really matter as much for concealment.

What are the requirements for the BUG match? I googled and didn't have much luck. There used to be a local BUG match here in central North Carolina at Caswell Ranch but they discontinued it a couple of years ago.

EDIT: If you need any measurements for your BUG match, I'm happy to get out my caliper and measure things for you.

EDIT2: Yes, it totally makes sense to me. You can maximize training on a unified platform, same mags for the most part, possible to share holsters, logistically there are lots of plusses to training on a unified platform like that.

Edited by mig1