Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round mag springs

ultimase

Looking to replace some 10 round mag springs for mags that came with my cz75b years ago.

Checked with czc and they are listed as out of stock online, cgw doesn't carry them and wolff doesn't carry them for 10 rounders either.

Anyone know of any sources for the 10 round mag springs?

I just did this. Get the 5% extra power springs from CZ custom shop. There is no separate spring for the 10 rounders they are the same for the full capacity mags. I just ran the 5% springs this saturday and had no issues and my mags were less sensitive to dirt/sand in them compared to the stock springs.

I just did this. Get the 5% extra power springs from CZ custom shop. There is no separate spring for the 10 rounders they are the same for the full capacity mags. I just ran the 5% springs this saturday and had no issues and my mags were less sensitive to dirt/sand in them compared to the stock springs.

Are you sure about that?

The 10 round mags with the plastic bottom pieces have shorter bodies. I would imagine that there would be less coils on the shorter mags.

I've noticed the difference between the full cap and the 10 rounders as well, but there does seem to be an agreement in some other forums that the full cap springs do work with the 10 rounders.

• 3 weeks later...

I been running the 5% extra power springs paste few matches and love them. I havent taken my mags apart since the switch. I just knock out any dirt/sand and wipe the mags off best I can. Before the switch it was like the mag springs would go dead despite being new mags when just the smallest amount of dirt got in them.

The full length springs work great. CZ does the same thing was my understanding. Meaning they use the full capacity mag springs in the 10 rounder mags which in theory should make the springs extra power. All I know is the 5% springs for the full capacity mags is the sweat spot for us 10 rounder users.

For my Rami I have no idea what to use so I think its going to have to stay stock springs. I havent seen an extra power sub compact spring yet.

I've noticed the difference between the full cap and the 10 rounders as well, but there does seem to be an agreement in some other forums that the full cap springs do work with the 10 rounders.

These are mags I am referring to that might give you problems finding replacements for.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-CZ-85-9mm-10-Round.aspx

The other styles that have a full length body should use the regular ones for the standard capacity magazines.

Those are the mags I have.

http://czcustom.com/CZ75magazinesprings5.aspx

These are the springs I have been using and I love them. I did have to take a flat head screw driver and open up the retaining plate a little. Our retaining plates dont look anything like the regular ones for the high cap mags. Ours sort of hook on to the spring coil vs having that eyelet that you thread the spring onto.

I havent taken my mags apart now in 4 matches and no failures to speak of. I did leave the mags loaded full over night the night before I first used them.

I used +10% springs in my 10rd mags, only thing is - tough to load last couple of rounds but I use UpLula ever since I cut my 'loading' thumb at work just before a match :)

• 4 weeks later...