Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How low can you go?

dsb

Does anyone have any experience with bunny fart loads in 10mm? Like what this guy did with .40: ->www dot handgunsmag dot com/ammo/ammunition_40lite_091806/. I have a G20 that I thought I might try shooting production with, just thought I'd ask here before stepping into the ugh-known...

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry, I couldn't provide the link since I'm a FNG...

I can't see shooting that much 10mm brass to be cost effective. But I shoot 180 gn bullets with 3.8 gn of red dot. Makes minor and it's stupid soft. So you could start there

Thanks Kraj, good to know someone has had success with this, not that there should be any problem... Yeah, I get that range brass/once fired isn't going to be an option, but at this pf the brass should last forever. Starline lists 10mm @ $162/K v. .40 @ $154.50/K, so it's not that much more, and I've got some virgin Winchester left over from my 9x25 Dillon days...

Wgj3, thanks, I figure as much wrt. the recoil springs, I'm going to have to figure out how to go lighter and still keep the G20 running. I think 17# is stock, so 15# probably wouldn't cause problems, but 13# might... this is my first Glock, should prove to be interesting.

Thanks,

Dave

When you experiment you will find that really light loads and light bullets will not give you the accuracy and consistency you want. I've found that a 180gr (or 175) bullet at 140PF is the sweet spot. Accurate, SDs in single digits and super soft.

Would you be able to just change out the barrel for a .40 S&W one in production. I know you cant change "caliber" but you're not between 10mm and .40. That way you could just load .40 minor which is much easier and cheaper. You could still load use the 10mm magazines too I would think.

BTW, If you have any interest in shooting Limited or Limited 10, I have heard of a good number of people shooting a G20 re-sprung with a .40 barrel. Minor or Major is up to you at that point...

Edited by EngineerEli

Would you be able to just change out the barrel for a .40 S&W one in production. I know you cant change "caliber" but you're not between 10mm and .40. That way you could just load .40 minor which is much easier and cheaper. You could still load use the 10mm magazines too I would think.

BTW, If you have any interest in shooting Limited or Limited 10, I have heard of a good number of people shooting a G20 re-sprung with a .40 barrel. Minor or Major is up to you at that point...

If I read the rules correctly, they won't allow a .40 S&W conversion in production, even though it's technically the same caliber. It may be legal to run the .40 conversion in Limited, but I'd rather shoot the 10 major than the .40.