Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Gold Team's first match.

Big Nick

Well, my .40 Gold Team is now officially 1-0 after last Saturdays local falling plates shoot. The gun ran flawlessly thru 4 stages, which required 78 rounds and 6 reloads. My handloads consisted of a 135 gr. Rainier FN plated bullet over 8 grs. of Autocomp. With this load the red dot flowed smoothly from plate to plate and double taps were fast and accurate. The added bonus of the 12 popple holes and two port comp was how the muzzle blast and concussion distracted the RO's. I think I could have gotten away with some misses without them noticing. The gentleman who finished 2nd was shooting a sharp looking CZ Czechmate in 9mm. I think I made a good decision on purchasing the Gold Team and am looking forward to the next shoot.

I chose the Gold Team in .40 mainly because I already own a witness steel and a Limited Pro in 40. I like shooting both of these guns and they both have performed flawlessly over the last 8 years. The other benefit is I already have magazines, brass, bullets and holster. I like the way the Tanfoglios feel in my hand. Also, the Gold Team is the most accurate handgun I own.

Edited by Big Nick