Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 40L Pro and Shield

Gerimee

If I'm posting this in the wrong area, I apologize, and please redirect me to the proper section.

A good friend of mine wants to sell his M&P Pro 40 with 5" barrel, night sights, 2 mags, OWB Kydex holster that he got off here and has no more than 100 rounds down the tube and also a Shield 9mm with a Alien Gear IWB holster and 2 mags. Has no more than 100 rounds through it as well.

Any idea what to offer him individually and as a package deal for both?

I wouldn't want to take advantage of him. We just wernt sure where to start. He paid $625 new from the gun shop for the Pro and $325 for the shield new from the same place. He got them last summer.

He said he didn't want to sell them to me for what the gunshop would sell them for but didn't want to just give them away which I completely understand and we have found gunbroker to be a terrible resource for a honest price.

• 2 weeks later...

I paid $525 for both of my pros and $329 for my shield (in Ohio). I would offer $500 for the pro and $300 for the shield. If the guns are lightly used, 25 bucks off the new price is a good friend price. If I was buying from an unknown, minimum 50 bucks off what I can get them for new. Then I evaluate the condition of the firearm and subtract from there.

I paid $525 for both of my pros and $329 for my shield (in Ohio). I would offer $500 for the pro and $300 for the shield. If the guns are lightly used, 25 bucks off the new price is a good friend price. If I was buying from an unknown, minimum 50 bucks off what I can get them for new. Then I evaluate the condition of the firearm and subtract from there.

Same thoughts here. I got my 9mm Pro for $525, Shield for $325. Figure the holsters are worth $25 a piece. Id offer $800 for both being that its a friend.

Awesome. Thank you. He called me this afternoon and told me $700 takes it all so sounds like a pretty good deal. I told him what you guys said and he said $700 was what he wanted so guess I'm going to the bank tomorrow.