Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS mag conversion to fit CZ 75 mags?

repins1911

So CZ-USA sells a conversion kit listed here:

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19085_Tac-Sport-10-Rd-9mm-Conversion-Grip-Set

I have a TS in .40 headed my way and I would like to shoot 9mm out of it for steel, plinking etc. I have ALOT of CZ 75 mags.

My question is it seems the only real change needed according to what is included in the kit listed above is a different magazine catch complete with springs. Is this correct?

If I can avoid buying TS specific mags in 9mm and just swap the mag catch assembly I can put more money into ammo. And I don't want to pay $175 for the conversion kit, if I was going to do that, I may as well buy the TS mags.

Thanks for any info!

The grip kit doesn't change your caliber and you don't want change your magazine catch very often. I would invest in new magazines.

Fully aware of what is needed to shoot different calibers. I have a 9mm TS complete slide from CZC on my bench right now. The worst that could happen from changing the mag catch is that I break one of the $0.99 springs.

I have only seen this kit once a few years ago. It wasn't reliable from what I saw. Could have been user error though.

I am not buying the kit, just seeing if anyone has tried to run CZ 75 mags in a TS.

The magazine catch spring screw is staked or tightened with threadlocker at the factory. I think they do it for reason. It is not meant to be opened and closed too often.

Edited by PRanta

you didn't need a full 9mm upper either. my 40TS has been running awesome with just a 9mm barrel and mags.

I know, was going to make a long slide SP-01 Shadow and then decided against it. Both TS barrels have the same outside diameter. At some point I will sell the factory slide. I looked into the TS a lot before buying. Just wanted to see if anyone had attempted to use 75 mags. Thanks for the input gents. Edited by repins1911

you didn't need a full 9mm upper either. my 40TS has been running awesome with just a 9mm barrel and mags.

I would love to shoot some pre ban mags with my CM. do I need something to keep the CZ 75 mags steady in the bigger CM mag well?

That seems like way too much work to use that conversion. Lol

I agree. But I am a guy that likes to try and make things work (read: stubborn). When my TS arrives I am going to see if I can machine something that works.