Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Limited Failure to Extract

eern

I am trying to diagnose my failure to extract problem. I recently purchased the gun new. Love the gun but have had 4 failure to extracts in about 600 rounds. Today was 2 in a 100 on classifiers. Yep pretty much washed them. The case is staying in the camber and the slide is functioning. It grabs another round and causes a double feed.

The extractor looks good as well as the spring. Everything is still stock on the gun and I am running the heaviest recoil spring that came with the gun ( 10.75lbs???).

I am just looking to for possible solutions. Plan on getting a new extra power extractor spring and extractor just to make sure.

Any other thoughts???

I am running them through my 550 with full length sizer. I was shooting these loads through my Glock 35 and never had an issue. I will admit I am bad at quality control and do not case Gage but that should not be an issue as they are feeding and firing. Correct?

Slightly bulged case bulging more maybe? Spend $20 on a Lee U die. I won't run any ammo at a match that hasn't been through one and case gauged. I ruined an extractor prematurely before I stared using one. Got a lot of LE once fired brass.

Tanfoglio doesn't have tight tolerances.

I had FTE with my new Limited, started after about 1000 rounds. I had to take the extractor out and remove a little material from the pad behind the hook. This allowed the extractor to travel in more. Works great now.

With your slide and barrel removed, if you slide a case or round up the breach face will the extractor hold it firmly in place? If not, you will have to do what I described above.

EG

This will be a dumb question coming from someone who owns 7 Tanfos but I've never had to do anything regarding this matter.

How exactly does one remove and reinstall the extractor on a Stock III? I know there is a small hole on top of the slide. Does it take an Allen wrench?

As far as polishing it, do you simply just polish (not remove material) the hook?

Thanks,

Gump

drive the roll pin down and take out the extractor and polish the hook a little

Oh, so it's a roll pin. Also Adam, I read or have been told about polishing the breech face. Is where I'm pointing with this punch in the pics where you wanna polish?

post-47835-142884451387_thumb.jpg

I dont know what you would really gain by polishing the breech face, your are pointing to the barrel hood in your pic. The breech face is on the slide where the case head rests when it is in battery, see pic below (the pic isn't of an tanfoglio)

35678d1346559954-tcp-738-reliability-enh

I dont know what you would really gain by polishing the breech face, your are pointing to the barrel hood in your pic. The breech face is on the slide where the case head rests when it is in battery, see pic below (the pic isn't of an tanfoglio)

35678d1346559954-tcp-738-reliability-enh

Thanks, I got my parts straight now, sorry bout that