Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nobel sport vectan AO powder 9mm major

hellscomin

You really don't need to post it so many times in multiple forums. I assume the six posts in the General Reloading forum was a mistake, but now you have posted again in the 9mm forum.

I don't suspect anyone has used it for 9 major, for one I don't thing it's been available in the US for more than a few months; I'm a big fan of SP2 so when I saw Vectan powder for sale I looked very closely at all of them. Based on available load data and the manufacturers descriptions, I didn't see anything available which looked like a good powder for Open.

Apparently GM-3 is similar in burn rate to SR7625 and I know of at least one person who is doing 9major load development to discover it's potential.

Vectan Ba 7 1/2 looks very interesting for.38 super major, and if dense enough for 9major.

Thanks, you were clear and I know this got sidetracked from your initial request for info on AO powder.

just wanted to clarify which powder mturnbull333 said is like 3N38.

I think he is meaning Ba 7 1/2.

Pulver's burn rate chart shows it comparable to 3n37.

Burn rate charts vary, but I agree AO seems to be faster than 3n38; I know from experience 3n38 is almost indistinguishable from SP2 and Vectan says AO is faster than SP2. Remember also that AO is a single base flake powder, I'd expect it to be similar to 800X.

Edited by kneelingatlas