Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List of 100% Hit Factors

Smitty79

Apparently 13-04 has changed---just got Production results back, and apparently the Prod HHF is now the same as the Single Stack HHF, instead of the number that classifiercalc thinks is correct (which it used to be).

13-04 Production now: 11.6505

13-04 hhf has apparently changed.

The old limited hhf = the current production hhf

The old open hhf = the current limited hhf

the current open hhf = even higher.

I checked peoples scores from the last match and this seems to be true.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately all this focus on "what HF do I need to get what classification" before shooting just means you are focusing on results instead of on just executing shooting which leads to trying too hard which leads to poor results ...

better to just focus on shooting and the results will take care of themselves ...

For some folks maybe.

However when you understand what you need to do in order to achieve a goal/class, it's pretty easy to build your dry fire, and live fire practice program. Want to earn an "X" card, but not always sure what you need to do? It's easy enough to do the math, and figure out what you need in terms of draw, split, transition, and reload in order to earn that "X" card. (No, that's not everything, and it's not saying you are competitive in the class, it does however give someone a starting point with some pretty basic skills.) When you understand how to break it down, you are focusing on the process to earn the result, and that's a pretty big difference.

If you can measure it, you can improve on it.

i have no problem with people wanting to know at what level they need to shoot classifiers to make the next level. it's when you spend time focusing on that the day before & during the match is where believe you are now focusing on results instead of just shooting and letting the results take care of themselves ...

Apparently 13-04 has changed---just got Production results back, and apparently the Prod HHF is now the same as the Single Stack HHF, instead of the number that classifiercalc thinks is correct (which it used to be).

Do you have some numbers for me?

unfortunately all this focus on "what HF do I need to get what classification" before shooting just means you are focusing on results instead of on just executing shooting which leads to trying too hard which leads to poor results ...

better to just focus on shooting and the results will take care of themselves ...

I read or heard some comments the other day about how we are so focused on the process of things.

I wish I could find it again. It was way more concise and intellectually sounding than anything I could put together at this hour.

So, off to google I went, and I found this, about tennis:

http://www.johankriektennis.com/johans-blog/johan-kriek-on-the-concept-of-bring-process-driven-vs-result-driven/

One could draw some similarities between our "sport" and tennis.

The one thing that is different is that the tennis organization ranks people from number 1 to number whatever, instead of grouping like people together.

I guess the disadvantage for a shooter being so focused on results is it makes it a lit easier to forget about executing the fundamentals perfectly.

13-04 on 5/2/15

Open: 11.6737 HF = 88.4371%

Limited: 10.6557 HF = 86.4910%

Production: 8.4034 HF = 72.1290%

Singlestack: 9.6107 HF = 82.4917%

Revolver: 1.4563 HF = 15.1697%

13-04 on 5/2/15

Open: 11.6737 HF = 88.4371%

Limited: 10.6557 HF = 86.4910%

Production: 8.4034 HF = 72.1290%

Singlestack: 9.6107 HF = 82.4917%

Revolver: 1.4563 HF = 15.1697%

Updated open and limited. Production had been updated from someone else's results already, single stack remained the same. Revolver wasn't on the list so it's on there now. Thanks for your info! Keep it coming guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

New to BE, but wanted to drop a link in here that's relevant. I actually just finished up a classifier calculator of my own... https://azshooters.org.

I've processed all of the matches available on uspsa.org, and have HHF's for every classifier in every division. You can chug in your HF and division/classifier to get an individual percentage, or you can enter your USPSA ID and it'll spit out percentages for all of the classifier stages it knows that you've shot (in other words, if your club has sent in the scores and the match shows up at uspsa.org, it'll show it, even if the USPSA hasn't officially ranked it yet).

If you hover over the classifier ID's, it'll tell you the name of the stage ("More Disaster Factor" or whatever), click and it links you to the PDF describing it.

I have discovered some odd discrepancies where there highest hit factor I can find by walking through all the matches available is actually *higher* than the high-hit-factor I get by calculating it from a known HF/percentage... not sure what's up with that. I've also found a number of classifiers/divisions that seem to have the HHF set almost artificially- exactly 10.0 and similar. I'm not entirely sure what's going on there, but in the interest of accuracy I'm just overlooking these things currently and going with "hitfactor * 100 / percentage == highhitfactor".

Let me know what you all think!

Edited by jakemaul