Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 major

xagent

I'd be careful of using a recipe (10 grs.) without

knowing which weight bullet was being used -

if that's with 115 gr bullets, and you load a 124

behind that much powder - you might get a

big surprise. :surprise:

Should be a 124...in the link I sent it states a 124 with a OAL of 1.180. Accu9 listed it at 1.175 so they are on the same track. Of course, the OP should be starting low and working up to it watching for pressure signs and not loading right at that load.

I used to load 10.0 grains AA#7 with 124 JHP's @ 1.175 OAL. When I say used to, I mean- once I burned the few pounds of #7 I had I did not buy more. The load works the comp well, but was dirty and a massive pain to load on my 650 due to the fullness of the case. If I was shooting SuperComp, AA#7 would be near the top of my list.

Pressure signs and 9 major are synonymous, there is just no way to get around it. It should go without saying but this load was safe in MY gun, Start LOW!

I currently use 9.4gr of AA7 with a MG 124JHP @ 1.165. I'm pretty sure it's in the 174PF range. The old lot I had took 9.9gr of powder. This stuff is dirty but shoots great. I would try 9.0gr @ 1.165-1.168 with a 124 JHP and see where you need/want to go from there.

I currently use 9.4gr of AA7 with a MG 124JHP @ 1.165. I'm pretty sure it's in the 174PF range. The old lot I had took 9.9gr of powder. This stuff is dirty but shoots great. I would try 9.0gr @ 1.165-1.168 with a 124 JHP and see where you need/want to go from there.

I've found that the new lots seem to be noticeably faster, also.

If you don't have any barrel holes, I second starting around 9 grains and working up.