Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punch Size... for removing roll pin from stock II ambi safety?

sclagg

Hey Guys.. I am replacing the hammer spring in a stock II and was curious what size punch is used to remove the roll pin from ambi safety?

I'm guessing a 1/16.. Ordering a punch set tonight and want to make sure I get the right one.

Suggestions on a punch set while you're at it is appreciated.

Thanks!

Steven

The size is 1/16.

I have this set from Midway.

www.midwayusa.com/product/191653/lyman-roll-pin-punch-set-4-piece-steel

I've taken out the trigger bar about 10 times now and I'm still using the original pin. It hasn't mushroomed over at all.

The set above doesn't show it, and I don't know if it comes with it, but my set came with roll pin holders as well. It's a nice punch set.

Edited by RobertLx

I went to lowes and bought a real POS punch kit set that said 1/16th because this same pin had already ruined my roll pin that same day.

Tried it out expecting it to work, low and behold it is actually smaller than 1/16th. So I did what any sane person would do, took some sandpaper and a small grinder, made my own roll pin for that ambi saftey pin. It is extremely high quality now, is super smooth and pulls that pin out in like 10 seconds.

WJM

I learned the hard way on an SP01 that buying weak punches will do nothing but piss you off. SP01 has several pins that are a PITA to remove. One of the first things CZ shooters do is replace that with aftermarket pins.

Starret punches has a good rep.