Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting qualifier

ad5md

I shoot minor and the local range will have a 4 COF qualifier stages coming up. I have already shot one stage more than a month ago. From what I know, one needs to shoot 4 qualifiers to be classified. Will the 1st qaulifier I shot be included to get the 4 highest scores?

Since I shoot minor, would it help to speed up or, better concentrate on getting A's? Thank you

Classifiers, not qualifiers, and 4 of your highest, out of your first 6, will get you classified.

Shooting minor in production, single stack or limited?

Edited by Prov1x

All you need is 4 classifiers on record to get a classification. Sorry, I misread your initial post as you already had a few classifiers, not just one.

Minor in limited, depending on your skill level, if you are shooting fast enough and get all A's then it won't matter. :-)

I would just shoot for accuracy if you are new to the sport because if you drop one C in minor, you are already giving up 2 points.

Edited by Prov1x

They will use the best 4 of the most recent 6. If you have 4 when they run the classification program, you will get those four. If you have 3 or less on one classification day you will still be unclassified. If you have 4 or more, you will get a classification from the best of the most recent 6

Initial classification can be confusing.

4 or more gets you classified. They will only use the best 4 out of the most recent 6. It doesn't matter if you only have 4, or if you have 60. They still are only going to use the BEST 4 out of the most RECENT 6. Less than 4, then you're still unclassified.

After that, they use the best 6 out of the most recent 8.

Now comes my next question. If finished my first 4 classifiers at 39.88 (I'm number 6 in the country in D Class. Probably the only time I'll be near that high nationally in anything). I shot a 45 on Saturday and would have to have my worse ever classifier on number 6 to not make C. Will they wait until I have 8 to move me to C?

Now comes my next question. If finished my first 4 classifiers at 39.88 (I'm number 6 in the country in D Class. Probably the only time I'll be near that high nationally in anything). I shot a 45 on Saturday and would have to have my worse ever classifier on number 6 to not make C. Will they wait until I have 8 to move me to C?

How did you find you were #6 in ranking? Is that hidden somewhere on the USPSA site?

How did you find you were #6 in ranking? Is that hidden somewhere on the USPSA site?

Here - http://www.uspsa.org/top20.php

No. I think if your current scores average above 40%, you should go to C, even if you don't have 8 scores.

• 1 month later...

I now know the answer for sure. At the club match classifier in March, I did well enough to get my average of 5 classifiers to 41%. This was averaging all 5, not dropping any. If they'd dropped my lowest, I'd have been over 42%. My C card showed up yesterday. So if you are still in your initial few classifiers, they will base your classification on those 5 and use all of them.

I now know the answer for sure. At the club match classifier in March, I did well enough to get my average of 5 classifiers to 41%. This was averaging all 5, not dropping any. If they'd dropped my lowest, I'd have been over 42%. My C card showed up yesterday. So if you are still in your initial few classifiers, they will base your classification on those 5 and use all of them.

They're not going to start dropping the lowest ones until you have more than 6.