Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New-2-Tanfoglio

Austin111

I am New-2-Tanfoglio *************************** EDITED: I give up I'll call EAA *****************

These look like fantastic firearms but I am having difficulty finding detailed spec sheets on the guns and the EAA site is slow. . If anyone has a link to a spec sheet that describes dimensions, trigger weight, DA/SA, DAO or SAO and the various conversion kits, factory recoil spring weight by model, trigger action at a glance by model, I would appreciate it.

I have pre-order in for the new STI Open, but these may be a formidable alternative. I have a fully-customized Glock 23 that I gutted and made ready for USPSA Open in .40sw (2.5 trigger, comp, mag well, red dot etc) but I would like something a little more substantial in weight distribution and “feel”.

What the Tanfoglio appears to offer me is a platform which I can customize if I need to. Here would be my perfect gun (I think):

1. Witness Elite Gold Team .40 sw as a base
  2. Ability to switch to 9mm, 38 super or 45/10 Yes ___ No ____
  3. Ability to get trigger weight to 2lbs Yes ___ No ____
  4. Ability to Adjust PreTravel & Over Travel Yes _X_ No ____
  5. Ability to add red dot & bridge to frame Yes _X_ No ____
  6. Ability to have a low-bore to slide for better accuracy Yes __ _ No ____
  7. Ability to drop magazines fast with extended release Yes ___ No ____
  8. Ability to disassemble and clean easy Yes ___ No ____
  9. Ability to fully strip without specialized tools (within reason) Yes ___ No ____
  10. Ability to find replacement parts and install myself Yes ___ No ____
  11. MOST DESIRABLE FEATURE (if possible):
  12. Ability to “dry-fire” in succession w/o weak-hand to rack the slide each time DAO? Yes _No_X_
  13. or (Perhaps, drop a DA/SA trigger/hammer in and reduce Trigger pull to DA 4.5 & SA 2.0 lbs ??) Yes __ No _
  14. Dependability and Support from Manufacturer Yes ___ No ____
  15. Are there knock-offs/clones that I need to be aware of Yes ___ No ____

EDITED: Beginning to understand how to navigate EAA site. Just found Henning Parts. Update: Perhaps I need to look at the xtreme models in DA/SA.

Edited by Austin111

I can assure you EAA will be no help, they have very little interests in supplying competitive shooters with what they want. I am curious as to why you would scratch you own post after posting it up 2.5 hours ago? There are several members on here who are very knowledgeable about Tanfos and are more than willing to help. Based on your questions I can tell you that the Tanfoglio platform will more than meet you needs, it really depends on what class you plan on shooting. You can't convert you limited in to a production gun and be production legal but you can take a stock 2/3 and drop a 40 S&W barrel in it and shoot limited without any issues.

I can assure you EAA will be no help, they have very little interests in supplying competitive shooters with what they want. I am curious as to why you would scratch you own post after posting it up 2.5 hours ago? There are several members on here who are very knowledgeable about Tanfos and are more than willing to help. Based on your questions I can tell you that the Tanfoglio platform will more than meet you needs, it really depends on what class you plan on shooting. You can't convert you limited in to a production gun and be production legal but you can take a stock 2/3 and drop a 40 S&W barrel in it and shoot limited without any issues.

You can just swap barrels on a stock II/III? I thought you had to swap the entire upper.......

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Adam B

I did the strike out because as I began to research the platform (Slowly via EAA site), I began to discover that I needed to differentiate the guns that are DA/SA, SA only or perhaps DA only. Then I realized I needed to know the differences between limited, elite, custom elite and the trigger action within each of those. So rather than have experienced Tanfoglio owners answer basic questions, I thought I would do my homework and reissue it later.

All of my current handguns (exception of Sig 229) require me to rack the slide during dry-fire (actually laserlyte cartridges) and I want the ability to laser-fire in succession at multiple targets in my basement. I saw a youtube where EG was explaining the xtreme custom series and it appears one or two have a DA at 4lbs and an SA at 1lb. Problem is the EAA site is soooo slow it is frustrating to go through each gun.

So as Arnold would say "I'll be back"

Edited by Austin111

Ok good, I hate to see you get discouraged because things can be slow on a sunday around here. Personally if I wanted a multiplatform gun I would grab a stock 3 in 9mm and either get a hunter top end or a 40 barrel for it. I have tuned up all of mine to have around 2# ish single action pulls and it just involved swapping out springs, putting in the EG hammer and a little polishing.

You can just swap barrels on a stock II/III? I thought you had to swap the entire upper.......

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

yes, if you can find a barrel you can fit it to the factory stock 3 slide

New guns are like new girlfriends. The best three IPSC production shooters run a Stock II and they can shoot any gun available to civilians.

Exactly. Think how much further they could separate themselves from the rest of the field if they used a Sig P320? :devil:

Excellent guns for the price! You can't go wrong with the competition series of their line up. I would however not pay the extra price for the Xtreme series guns as you can add the needed parts to the standard versions and come out my cheaper and still get the same performance.