Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Section Championship

Veiw the stages and other match information at http://www.uspsa4.org/matches.htm

This is a POINT SERIES MATCH.

Hello Shooters! I am announcing our 9th annual

2005 Arkansas Section Championships

Hosted By: Central Arkansas Shooters Association, Little Rock, Arkansas

May 21, 2005, Limited, Production and Revolver Match

May 22, 2005, Open and Limited 10 Match

MATCH FEE: $50 EACH DAY ($75 each day if postmarked after May 7th)

A Sprinfield Armory SS .45 will be raffled each day.

Plaque Match And Prizes As Available

Plaques for Section Champion, HOA and Class Placement

Shooters Meeting at 8:30am Each Day , Match Starts at 9:00am Each Day

9 stages of fire each day, 250+ Rounds each day, Lunch Included each Day

Contact: David Hyden, Section Coord. (479) 248-1009 badglide@cox.net

Visit our web site and download an entry form. http://casarange.com/uspsa.htm

Holiday Inn Select is the match hotel. Give them a call at 501-223-3000. Ask for the “AR Section Championship” room rate of $70 a night for double occupancy. A rollaway bed is available for $12 a night. Holiday Inn is 25-30 minutes from the range. Great restaurants within walking distance.

I hope to see ya there.

Ron Johnston

CASA http://casarange.com

I have a quick question?

Are you changing the stages or not? If not, why limit the categories for each day? I wanted to shoot Limited and Production but cant. I am not complaining, rather just curious. I am still going to come but was curious.

Jeeper

Each day is division(s) specific. If you want to, you can shoot Production on Saturday and L10 on Sunday. Or Limited on Saturday and L10 on Sunday using your Production gun. Either way this allows you to shoot the match twice. Which means twice as much fun!!! B)

The stages will remain the same each day.

We are also having the award ceremony after each days shoot.

Any more questions, please ask. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Ron Johnston

CASA

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a final round count for our Section Match scheduled for May 21st and 22nd. It is 10 stages with 274 rounds. WOW! Where else can you shoot that much, have lunch and possibly get a plaque or prize for $50.

The entry forms have been arriving! We are limiting the match to no more than 120 shooters. So make travel plans and sign up today!

Entry forms available online at CASA

The top of this page has more infomation about the match.

Ron Johnston

Email me at rjohnston@aristotle.net if there are any questions?

CASA

LOng ago Larry Bullock did an area 3 where you could shoot both guns but USPSA ruled that it wasnt legal or passed a rule to make it illegal. Has this been changed or is there soemthing this match is doing to comply with rule. I like the idea of having a match and letting shooters shoot both guns but thought it couldnt be done anymore.

Also did you guys know you put it on the same day as the Kentucky State Match?

Chuck

Sorry we put the match on the same day as Kentucky did. But hell, there is a TON of shooting going on in Arkansas and the surrounding states. And there are only so many weekends. Something has to give.

As with the 2 guns question. I think you didn't understand. We are having a match on Saturday May 21st containing Limited, Production and Revolver. And a match on Sunday May 22nd containing Open and Limited 10. Come on down and shoot with us. It will be a great match here at CASA. It always is....

I will paste the announcement again.

Hello Shooters! I am announcing our 10th annual

10 stages of fire each day, 274 Rounds each day, Lunch Included each Day

Holiday Inn Select is the match hotel. Give them a call at 501-223-3000. Ask for the “AR Section Championship” room rate of $70 a night for double occupancy. A rollaway bed is available for $12 a night. Holiday Inn is 25-30 minutes from the range. Great restaurants within walking distance.

I hope to see ya there.

Ron Johnston

Ok, I see now it is 2 seperate matches on seperate days. I like the concept. Maybe an idea for Kentucky State next year.

I understand about the dates. I tried hard to find a date that wouldnt conflict with anybody else. The texas 3 gun is too far away from us , same with the Cortland, NY match but yours isnt that far away and those in between will be split now.

I cant come on that weekend. I am SC for Kentucky and have to be here, not have to be, want to be. We have some good stages and put on a good show.

I am jealous you have Dave Hyden though. My favorite CRO over the years.

Chuck

David Hyden has been teaching me about the administrative end of club and match management. WOW! What a pain in the ass it is. But I like it. I want nothing but good things for my home club and USPSA. I don't know if you know Tom Loyd? He is a member of my club CASA. He has been teaching me also. The more I learn, the more I realize they are traning a replacement for the future. I love the sport and the people in USPSA. Maybe it's the other way around. Anyway. I'm not sure what date we are going to have this Championship next year. Like I said earlier, too many other match conflicts. But hey, that's life. As long as we can "bust a cap" from time to time, I'm happy.

Be safe!

Ron J

If you guys would hold that thing one month sooner, I would come to it. I will be in the area visiting with my folks.

Matt Mink, weather and sanity permitting, I will come shoot your April club match. Send me your phone number again so I can get in touch with you.

Liota

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings fellow shooters,

The Arkansas Section is pleased to announce that we have aquired four Springfield Armory pistols to be given away at our State Championship and 3-Gun Championship for 2005. Four PX9151L's were aquired through Springfield's Top Gun Sponsorship Program and these guns are valued at $876 each (MSRP). Three of pistols will be placed in separate drawings to be held on May 21 and May 22 at the CASA Range, and October 30 at the OFGC Range. The fourth pistol will be raffled off October 30 at the OFGC and tickets for this raffle will go on sale the first week of April.

Here are the terms of winning the three pistols. Shooters registered in the Arkansas Section Championship on May 21 will automatically have one chance for one of the pistols that day. These shooters may purchase up to five additional chances for $10 each, giving a maximum of 6 chances to win a gun. Shooters registered in the Arkansas Section Championship on May 22 will have the same chances as the shooters on May 21. Shooters registered in the Arkansas Section 3-Gun Championship on October 29-30 will automatically have one chance for the third pistol. Registered shooters may purchase up to five additional chances for $10, giving a maximum of 6 chances to win the gun. The fourth gun, will be given away to raffle ticket holders, only.

In addition to the VERY NICE prizes above, we are still in the process of aquiring other prizes for the prize tables May 21 & 22. If you have not registered, you will be missing a quality match. Over 250 rounds in 9 stages have been planned and lunch will be provided both days. Please check out our entry form in the current issue of Front Sight or visit www.casarange.com for an entry form there. Additionally, Tom Duchman will be on hand at the match selling his wares. If you need supplies, please let him know in advance of your arrival - his phone number is 504-278-9097.

Please check your calenders and make room for this match. I guarantee you a good time. If you desire more information, please email me at badglide@cox.net.

Sincerely,

David Hyden - Arkansas Section Coordinator post-5240-1112490406_thumb.jpg

Download match form: 05ARSecMatchForm.pdf

The Arkansas Section Championship has been approved to be a POINT SERIES match.

Please spread the word.

Click here for entry form: 05ARSecMatchForm.pdf

If there are any quesitons you may PM me or David Hyden at badglide@cox.net. David is our Section Coordinator.

Remember we have a raffle for a Springfield .45 pistol post-5240-1112790061_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Ron Johnston

Veiw the stages and other match information at http://www.uspsa4.org/matches.htm

This is a POINT SERIES MATCH.

Hello Shooters! I am announcing our 9th annual

A Sprinfield Armory SS .45 will be raffled each day.

9 stages of fire each day, 250+ Rounds each day, Lunch Included each Day

I hope to see ya there.

Ron Johnston

• 3 weeks later...

We now have a second gun to be raffled off for Saturday's match on May 21st. It should be a CZ-75B 9mm with polycoat finish. And of course our first gun is a Springfield Armory SS .45. We still have the other Springfield .45 to be raffled Sunday, May 22nd.

The prize table is growing also, a slide and recoil master from STI, several high dollar certificates for usable merchandise, shooting bags, primers ect...

Lots of shooters are taking advantage of the inexpensive entry fee. The match is $50 if you get it postmarked by May 7th.

You can download the entry form and stages at our clubs web site. http://www.casarange.com

I'll see ya on the range.

Ron Johnston :)

Just picked up the pistol from my dealer. Its actually a CZ75BD, a decocker model. It would make a pretty decent Production pistol. Some lucky winner is gonna walk away with it!

Matter of fact, I'm going to sweeten the pot a little bit on it. Whoever wins it gets the option of some trigger work on it by me. I'll work the details out a little later.

The "Coke, It's the Real Thing" stage is going to be *real* entertaining for the lefties.... (use of weak hand / strong hand language vs. left and right hand....)