Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA production - Tanfoglio, CZ DA/SA FPB test procedure

earthshine402

what i've also seen done is rack the slide back and lock it. take punch and press on end of firing pin. if the other end goes out past breech face, fail. (cause i've failed this test at a different match)

but i can not attest to the accuracy or repeatability of this method. it's just what happened in my case. i'd really like to know as well.

what i've also seen done is rack the slide back and lock it. take punch and press on end of firing pin. if the other end goes out past breech face, fail. (cause i've failed this test at a different match)

but i can not attest to the accuracy or repeatability of this method. it's just what happened in my case. i'd really like to know as well.

The tanfo is backwards to your glock or M&P. Up is blocking the pin.

how i described is how they did it on my cz75b. i'd like to know what is "the way" then to test? whether it is a cz or tangfo

Well I'm not familiar with the 75b, but I'm assuming it's the same as a tanfo. In that, I mean it drops the FPB to allow the FP to move forward. This is how the tanfo works. The sear holds the FPB in the up position until the trigger is pulled and drops the block.

So if you lock the slide back, you should be able to move the FP. You should not be able to move the pin if you just cock the hammer.

iirc, the fpb on my 75b is lifed by an arm in the sear package. disengaging it from blocking the firing pin. spring 59 in the diagram pushed the fpb part 58 down onto the slot in the top of the firing pin. to disengage it the fpb has to be lifted by arm part 14.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/falcn12/media/Firearms/CZ%20P07/CZ75B_PartsDiagram.jpg.html