Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Iron sights for a 20

BOOM

Like to know what brand of Iron sights your using on your 20 inch rifle . Are they standard military A2 carrying handle style rear with maybe a modified eye doper, and a standard F marked front with a modified post . There's also those extremely high quality space gun sight sets. LMT makes what looks like a sawed off A2 style that looks nice . I'm really not sure what will work out best for the long range shooting . Only thing I'd like for sure is to be able to adjust for both elevation and windage. please feel free share a Picture of your set up it would help me

Thanks Up Front

Another DPMS rear sight user here. I use a KNS .052" "ball on a tee" front post in a YHM clamp on front sight (it is a folder, but I have permanently fixed it in the up position). It works when I do my part.

Hurley

My practice rifle is an A2...kinda like this only the front sight is now a J.P. instead of EXACTLY what you describe! it recently won High Senior at the Nordic rifle championships in Finland.

post-1176-0-84966000-1426395164_thumb.jp

Thought the LMT rear would be a better quality sight,but seeing most of you prefer the DPMS rear sight . Thats what I'm going to buy. The idea of a smaller front sight post KNS .034 or .052 does makes sense for long range. I'll have to look around these usually come in a sets

The KNS front sight posts can be bought as singles from KNS directly or you can usually find them as singles on the DPMS website. I bought a set and played around until I found the one that works for me and then started buying multiples of that one.

Hurley

I just take the standard A2 sight and chuck it up in a drill and use a fine file to turn them down to what ever diameter I wish. So all you guys buying the K&N sights please send me your standard A2 sights. I will take all you got! :)

Edited by kurtm

My favorite rear app. Is a RRA dominator. It fits in the front slot of a FT reciever rail and has two small bolt to tighten down at the rear. It is very sturdy. The JP front sight/GB is worth every penny.

The thing I like about to KNS .034 is that it tapers from .05 at the tip. This gives u a shoulder that can be used for short range reference point. Plus they are $7.50 from KNS.

• 2 weeks later...