Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun Gear 2pac...am I doing it wrong?

A5H556

Hey guys, I had been shooting a pretty low level local match for the last 6 months and so Sunday I shot what I'll call my first "real" 3gun match (Atlanta 3gun, formerly the Noveske-sponsored match). Lots more shotgun that the other match, but I knew that going in. Anyway, I have the 3gun Gear Slidelock 2pac on my Benelli M1 and while I didn't need to use it (fortunately) I found that it also didn't hold shells very well. In fact, I went to unload my gun at the end of one of the stages and whereas I began the stage with 2 shells in the 2pac, they had both fallen out during the stage. Is that just what happens with this thing? does the same thing happen with a Match Saver?

Thanks!

Dont leave shells in that device when not shooting a stage. And, you have to FULLY insert the shells have them stay in place. Seems thag the slicker shells (AA, STS, etc.) tend to fall out more often too.

Yep, had the same problem. Like was already said, fully push the shell thru the elastic holder. If you leave the shell so it isn't all the way thru the elastic (Hey, I can grab it better this way), the recoil combined with the tension of the elastic on the end of the shell, tends to squirt 'em out like a water melon seed. When you need it...low and behold it isn't there or it has moved (closer to the moving bolt handle). :(

When you guys say "all the way in" you mean brass to strap? If that's the case then my next question is how to get it to clear the rear strap that holds the "device" onto the gun. The rim of the brass catches the strap if you do it that way.

Hey there Ash-- for what it's worth, they don't move in a matchsaver.

Thanks man. I'm sure you saw me drop several Sunday. I guess I need to pick up a Matchsaver then. Lot's to learn and think about after the first "real" match. Pretty much stuck debating factory vs practical right now. I'm thinking for where we are geographically and the matches I attend that factory might be the way to go.

Edited by A5H556