Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunflower Classic

pskys2

I'll start a new topic. The CCPS is hosting the "Sunflower Classic" May 20-21. It's only an "Approved" Match, but they usually give out a couple of Pistols and anything else by Raffle. The website is:

http://www.capitalcitygunclub.com/pistol/r...s/SFCentry.html

They are "NOT" recognizing Revolver at this time. But, if we can get 5, or more, entries with Revolver wrote into the Division i.e. (Ltd10-Revolver) then I may get them to add a placque.

Regardless, if we do have 5, I will donate a prize (maybe with a placque attached) specifically for High Revolver.

It's a fun match at a low fee (lunch usually provided).

Dave

Excellent--even three's enough to have a match--I'll try to recruit at least one more wheelgunner from Iowa.

Dave, if you talk to those guys who run this match, tell them Mike Carmoney signed up under L-10, but will be shooting a revolver instead. I didn't see a place for squad requests, but it would be fun if all of us could squad up together.

Mike

We now have 4 committals (committed's?) for Revo. I am confident we will have 5 and the organizers will give a placque. I will donate a FMC Ammo Box for the High Revolver.

Anyone who has sent in their Apps, please send an email to CCPS and let them know you want to shoot Revolver.

I will be working, shooting on Friday, so look me up.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Myself (Dave Williams),

Scott Ross and Mike Widebrook

will all be shooting Revolver.

The organizers promised me they will recognize Revolver with an award. And I am donating a Moon Caddie as a prize in Revolver. They are a fully enclosed wood box that holds 30 Full Moon Clips (180 rounds), check the attachment.

They don't post the Courses, but from what I've heard there is only 1 short (12 rd) course that is screwed up for a Revolver. I will be there on Friday setting up and shooting, so maybe I can have some input.

Here is the breakdown: (all subject to change though)

36 rd field course, close/open hoser type

36 rd field course, memory course (easier on us memory challenged ones, though)

17 rd field course, some action targets

17 rd field course, all steel

12 rd speed course, Revolver unfriendly at this time

22 rd field course, several action targets

48 rd fixed time course, freestyle (Revo will be good to get 24 rounds in)

Now since the Theme is "Clint Eastwood Movies", do I shoot my 5" PC625 with an Apex 5 1/2# Action Job, or the 4" M29 with 6 1/2# Clark Action Job? Both use Full Moon Clips. I love the way the .44 feels, but the .45 shoots/handles so well. Actually the M29 is 1 ounce heavier than the 625.

Decisions, Decisions! If only I had a 6 1/2" M29!

Whichever, I'M READY TO "MAKE MY DAY!"

Side note: Millcreek is hosting the Area 3, and they are having their monthly match this Saturday morning(need to be there by 9am). Some of you Ia guys want to come down and get a feel for the Range? I should be there shooting Revo.

post-4896-1115818668_thumb.jpg

Last I heard they weren't full yet. But, the Entry stops applications after May 1. Fill it out, send it in and hopefully you won't have a problem. Are you in this area? Want to come down and help set up on Friday. Probably would get you a spot if you do, ha! ha! ha!

Dave

CCPS doesn't post the stages anywhere, but we will be setting them up on Friday.

See my post of last week, I gave a description of what they plan, don't know if it will stand up to reality.

The single hardest course, for a Revo, will be the Standard type which is a 24 second time limit at 4 Classic Targets at 15 yards, NO Mandatory Reloads. Makes the reload we must do, critical.

The rest have a few activated targets. If past history is any indication the targets will be close with few really hard shots.

Dave

Just got home from the match, after a 3 hour drive. :wacko: Personally i shot the match really well. I pushed the evelovpe a few times and it worked in my favor. I had a couple of jams, but i think it was due to a build up of crap on the extractor. One of the stages was a 48rd fixed time stage. You had 4 classic IPSC targets at 15yards, 24 seconds to put 12 rounds on each target. Last year i crashed and burned on a similar stage. This year i only had one 'mike' and the rest were really good hits.

Congrats to Carmoney for wining overal Revo, and Little Bill for winning his class.(Bill correct me if i got that wrong, I know you won somthing)

It was a great match and I am looking fwd to shooting it next year.

Thanks stingerjg, I really enjoyed shooting this match, and saw some pretty high quality shooting going on around me in all divisions....

It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Thanks to Dave W. for convincing the boys to recognize the Revo division, it just would not have been quite as much fun shooting L-10 for me. The Prairie Skys Moon Caddie which Dave donated is a really neat prize--I can't decide whether to use it for its intended purpose, or put it on display! Thanks again Dave--Sam and I are looking forward to shooting on Squad 50 with you at Area 3.

This was a very well run match--and a lot of fun to shoot--I'll definitely make the trip to Topeka again.

Mike