Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Battle belt, for 3 gun?

I just started this year. This belt is not great but you can cut the tops off the mag holders and rotate them vertical and have a belt with two mag pouches for less than $15. A blackhawk sportster was $18 and add some chamber flags and that will get you to $35 and free shipping with amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Tactical-Black-44-Inch-Waist/dp/B003MYJTYO/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1426961451&sr=1-1&keywords=Condor+Tactical+Belt

Easy way to get going for less than the price of a lot of belts.

Safariland MLS 16 fork + ELS 35 receiver plate attached to PALS/MOLLE:

16898765925_43cac3f953_b.jpg

16897534812_d920ec53ef_b.jpg

ELS 34 fork secured to your gear/pouch/caddy......then clipped to ELS 35 receiver plate on belt:

16897534672_4cf759900e_b.jpg

16278768833_a5c9771425_b.jpg

16711118438_1d466bd316_b.jpg

Both the Invictus Practical (12Q) and AP Custom 3x3 shell caddy have allowances for attaching a Safariland ELS 34 fork. I'm using ESSTAC KYWI .308 rifle mag pouches and double stack pistol pouches secured with malice clips. There's a kydex insert that helps secure various sized magazines......almost like a HSGI Taco w/o the elastic.

I can secure AK-47/74 and M4 rifle mags and most double stack pistol mags depending on what I feel like shooting and what ammo I have available.

FYI.....Fiocchi slugs are a hair longer than 2 3/4" and don't fit in the AP Custom 3x3 caddy :(

CTOMS, a Canadian outfit, but made in the USA.

http://ctoms.ca/Mission-Essential-Equipment/Accessories/x-belt-ps-gen-i.html

looks like they sell it a la carte now.....add an inner belt and your favorite suspenders (HSGI makes good ones)

http://ctoms.ca/Mission-Essential-Equipment/Accessories/molle-drop-extension-panel.html

use the panel to bring the mag pouches below the waist line if needed.

Mine came with the inner belt. Basic rigger-type belt with QR buckles. Has velcro loop on the outside which keeps the padded sections from moving. Don't think it's absolutely needed as it's secured with belt loops under the pane.

Only negative is you can't make waist adjustments on the fly.

• 2 months later...

I was finally able to go to my first 3 gun match a couple days ago. Well... It was really more of a practice match, but it was more organized than I've ever done, and it sure was a lot of fun! My HSGI battle belt worked great, and I saw other battle belts there too, so I didn't feel awkward at all. Everyone was very helpful and nice too. I can't wait to go to the next one!

On this match the stages were split up for just rifle, just shotgun, and just pistol... So I didn't get to use all three guns on one stage, but I think that was nice for my first one. I think I'll save money and just keep using my battle belt for now, but I think I'd like to get more than 8 shotgun shells on me and I don't have any more room on the belt so I think I'll look for a chest rig and put some shell holders on there. I saw a few shooters with that and think that might be the ticket.

For those that are interested, here's a video of the two stages I remembered to record: