Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC mag well stuck!

ropati

I put the IPSC mag well on my TS. It is held in place by the little tab on the mainspring plunger and I'm not using the regular pin that would hold the mainspring in.

For the life of me, I can get the plunger in (and tab back in) far enough to conceivably free up the mag well and let it slide off. I have to drive the plunger down with a punch, but nothing's moving once it's sunk in, out of the mag well. Ideas?

I'm also a bit bugged that I've dropped a crud load of cash on this mag well and CZC extended base pads only to know learn that the base pads rub the mag well and won't freely enter or drop! That blows. I guess that means more time with the Dremel as I've read from other posts. Lame.

I had the same problem with the IDPA magwell and the mainspring plug for the magwell. My magwell is very tightly friction fit, but I wanted to use the mainspring plug just for added security. The next time I tried to remove the magwell, I ended up having to beat it off with a mallet and bent the heck out of the mainspring plug pin because I couldn't get it pushed in far enough to clear the magwell. After that, I just decided to keep relying on the friction fit and not worry about the plug. It hasn't failed me yet.

20150221_174823_zpsot9lvcii.jpg

Edited by TennJeep1618